Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Here is my box, show me yours. >

Here is my box, show me yours.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Here is my box, show me yours.

Old 12-05-2006, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Here is my box, show me yours.

I picked this box up at Lowe's. I really like it as it holds so much and sme of the most used stuff right on top.

The right top lid holds my #11 primers nipple pick and bore light. On the left I keep my dampcleaning patches I swab with at the range.
In the top tray I keep sabots and loose bullets, a scaleing tool (Kare was a dental tec.) cappint tool and several tooth brushes.

The bottom holds extra brushes, jags, powders boxes of bullets, staple gun, targets, cleaning supplies for the rangeand extra sabots.

I got to get a couple more of these boxes. One for my side locks and one for my 54 cal.

Al

Old 12-05-2006, 03:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Here is my box, show me yours.

alleyyooper

Pretty much exactly the same as yours... except mine has a whole lot more crap inside of it...

Old 12-05-2006, 03:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

alleyyooper

Just had to show the "GUTS" the most important stuff... If you look in the bottom section on the right you will a small case of compartment and under that one there is a another only bigger - with another bunch of storage compartments....

I love shooting ML's.....

Old 12-05-2006, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guys are both far too neat.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:18 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm more into the dump and carry myself. I use a large (and we mean LARGE) rubbermaid container. It acts as a table for cleaning as well. Inside everything is seperated into smaller cloth bags depending on what it will be used for.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a rubbermade tub.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:35 PM
Fork Horn

I have a waterproof duck blind bag that doubles as a range bag. Will post pics tomorrow. Working nights.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:01 PM
Fork Horn

I just picked up the same Stanley tool box from Lowe's. It even came with some screw drivers, a tape measure and a utility knife for $15 I think. I started to fill it up but I have many mores things to put in there. I was always the guy with the duffel bag at the range. I'd like to think I'm getting more organized as I get older[8D].
A couple of years ago I went hunting with my buddy. When we left the house we were staying at, my buddy asks me,"You got everything??" I said yes. I took my muzzleloader out of its case and put it in the truck. When we got to the property I realized I left my primers in my gun case[:@]. I asked my friend to give me a couple of his primers. He started laughing and says to me, "You can have all my primers, they won't do you any good." He was using #11 caps and I was using 209 primers!!!!!!!!!!!! After tearing my truck apart for about 15 minutes I found one lone209 primerunder the seat. I didn't even see a deer that day.
After that experience I swore I would become more organized and prepared.

Mike
Old 12-06-2006, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

My box is so neat because I have just begain to seprate the things I will keep and carry in it. It will be my Remington 50 cal box. I have another different type for my Remongton 54 and yet another for my Hawkins and plains rifle.

Pipe crew your story was kinda funny but my hunting partner has you beat hands down. I have my hunting gear, clothes, sleeping, bags pillows and ect. packed and labeled in 18 gallonrubber maid tubs. My partner waits till the night before we leave and throws his stuff in garabge bags. So one year we get to the cabin and start Making up the beds and he had not got his sleeping bag. Good thing I carry two and rotate them. Next thing he doesnt have any longjohns (I'm smaller than him) and even a hunting coat. He had only brought jeans shirts and guns to go huntin. Of course he had other things like a couple coolers of pre made food, propane tanks and such he had to remember.
He uses the see thru tubs now

Al