Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Bison Rifle

Old 10-01-2007, 06:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Bison Rifle

Well I broke down and bought another rifle today. It is a conical thrower, but I will bet is does a great job with sabots as well. It is made by White Rifle Company. It is a G series .504 caliber Bison. It has the black barrel and synthetic stock. Nothing fancy about this rifle, but all stories on them are.. they are great shooters. I want to put a 1X scope on this one also. Then shoot some 500 grain conicals out of it. Should be a lot of fun.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Bison Rifle

WHAT A SURPRISE - CAYUGAD BOUGHT ANOTHER RIFLE!!!!

Looks like a good'un. Can't wait to see the test targets. 500 grain conicals?? Ouch! What does the gun weigh?
Old 10-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Dominant Buck

There are pretty light from what I understand, but I will only shoot 65 grains of powder for starters. That will still floor a whitetail. I will not mention the other one I am bidding on then..
Old 10-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on the very nice rifle.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought you were gonna get a custom flinter.

That white should be a good shooter like your other one though.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Watching Cayugad's posts on his new acquisitions is like having a pretty young girl living next door. Ya' can't touch 'em, but it sure is fun looking.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Dominant Buck

I wasgoing to get a custom flinter,then bought that other flintlock I really like. So the custom one went on hold. That does not mean that in the future I might not get one. This Bison was just too good of a deal to pass up. Besides, it will be aninteresting rifle to play with on the range.

If it was not for some pressing appointments I have scheduled tomorrow, I would cast and size some bullets. I have the new sizers and plenty of lead. All I need do is make them and size them. Then I will be able to see how well this one will shoot with my own homemade bulelts as well.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Dominant Buck

I ran a bunch of the home made conicals through my custom .504 sizer. They even came out at .504 although one was .503 diameter. They had an average weight of .447.0 grains. These were weighed with the lube wiped off of them. These are what I intend to try out of the Bison when it gets here. I sure hope they shoot well.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

cayugad,Do you ever just set them out and wonder which one should I shoot today? That is when you do not have a brand new one to play with. Lee
Old 10-05-2007, 06:29 PM

Moma would kill me if I was to have the itch like you do bud, my hat's off to ya..

Quick Reply: Bison Rifle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.