Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Powerbelt AeroTip bullets >

Powerbelt AeroTip bullets

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Powerbelt AeroTip bullets

Old 08-25-2006, 01:07 AM
Spike

Default Powerbelt AeroTip bullets

I was considering buying these bullets for deer hunting. Has anyone had any experience using these? I'm new to muzzleloading so any advice would be great.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Powerbelt AeroTip bullets

Buckmaster,

I started with a smokepole last year so take this for what it is worth. I used Powerbelts last year and my CVA Pro Optima liked them...ALOT. I can put very nice groups at 100 yards. I put a nice scope on top of that gun and away I went.

Long story short. I used the 295 grain copper powerbelts, took 2 shots and killed 2 deer. The first deer ran about 75 yards, but was dead on his feet. The 2nd deer was BANG-FLOP from a little over 100 yards.

I liked them and have now bought the new Platinum 270 grain powerbeltsto try this year.

Bottom line is WHATEVER you shoot, just practise ALOT before you go to the timber and you will be fine. Know what powder chargeand what grain of bullet works best for your gun.....there is alot of difference with different guns.

Old 08-25-2006, 08:34 AM

I've heard mixed reviews; however, I use them and have been very satisfied with the accuracy and performance.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:38 AM
Dominant Buck

if your rifle likes them.. I see no reason why they will not work if you put them in the right spot. All you can do is try them Your rifle might and might not like them. I shoot the 245 grain Aero Tips with excellent results. Although the deer have not been real cooperative in the testing department.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:54 AM

I thought about trying them but when my rifle shoots good groups with 240grn xtp and I can get 20 of them for $12 I just can't justify spending almost $30 for the 295grn or around $22 for the 245grn powerbelts for 15 of them. But if thats what your muzzleloader shoots good then go with them. Its all what your gun likes the best.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

SaskBushMan, by going to some place like Mid-South and buying the bullets by the 100 and the sabots by the 50 or 100 you can cut that price to about 45 or 50 dollars a 100. A lot of us buy that way. Lee
Old 08-25-2006, 12:14 PM

ORIGINAL: SaskBushMan

I thought about trying them but when my rifle shoots good groups with 240grn xtp and I can get 20 of them for $12 I just can't justify spending almost $30 for the 295grn or around $22 for the 245grn powerbelts for 15 of them. But if thats what your muzzleloader shoots good then go with them. Its all what your gun likes the best.

$30 for 295 pb's? i dont know where you shop but those same bullets where i live and at cabelas cost $14.99 for 245 grain for 20 and $16.99 for 15 295 grain powerbelts. Ive used them for years and love them. They just drop what you are shooting at. especially with the 150 mag load! You pull the trigger, get a nice double lung shot and its down b4 the smoke clears. I may go back with the powerbelts in my inline. i tried out great plains bullets which shot good but i can no longer shoot 150 yards with them due to the lower powder charge. So we will see.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:17 PM
Typical Buck

I just can't justify spending almost $30 for the 295grn or around $22 for the 245grn powerbelts for 15 of them.
Where do you shop? You obviously need to shop around a little more.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: SaskBushMan

i bought 20 powerbelts at gander mtn for 14.99.at wal -mart i saw new platium bullets for 11.69.also saw the aero tips at wal-mart for 11.69. i like the powerbelt hollow point bullet in my flintlock because i can load down, not up and bullet will kill a deer. i dont like SMOKE,RECOIL,NOISE,in my mind i feel i am shooting a 22cal. this makes me a BETTER shooter on the buck.give me gun that kicks, smokes and goes off like c-4,that buck laughs all way to next county. trust me, powerbelts are great,no bore butter and real accurate.i like that.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:35 PM
Typical Buck

I've had good luck with the 348 gr. powerbelts. A buddy of mine used the 405 gr. aerotips last season with excellent results. I'm thinking about picking up some of the new 338 gr. platinums to try. Supposedly they have a better B.C. and have been designed for better expansion control.

Quick Reply: Powerbelt AeroTip bullets

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.