Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

powerbelt

Old 07-18-2006, 11:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default powerbelt

what do you guys think about powerbelt bullets, i have been using them for 3 years and love them
Old 07-18-2006, 11:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: powerbelt

Powerbelts are a love/hate kind of projectile from all I have read. I read how some people are really pleased with the performance of the powerbelt while others claim they had solid hits but poor wound channels and little to no blood trail.

I say if the powerbelt is working for you and you like the results, then keep on shooting them. If you find them lacking in some department then move on to something better suited to your needs.

I have a couple rifles that shoot them exceptionally well. But the deer have been most uncooperative when it come time to test their performance. I've blow a lot of powerbelt holes in paper, and into bullet traps but yet to shoot a deer.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:33 AM
Typical Buck

I shot the 348 gr. PB's last season on top of 90 gr. of 777 and had good results. Good accuracy and great terminal performance on deer. I'm going to be experimenting with the 405 gr and the 444 gr. PB's here in the near future, just for a comparison.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Generally speaking, Powerbelts are sensitive to their own makeup & composition. Unlike other modern plastic sabots & bullets, their performance can diminish rapidly -- for instance ....just by their plastic skirt hole being .001 oversized.

Whenthey are produced properly & the shooterdoes his homework in regards toshot placement & modest powder charge, they are generally highly accurate&even the smallish coppers (223s) leaveimpressive holes indeer.

Make sure the skirt is loosely-fit onto the bullet -- don't use magnum powder charges with the leaded or copper Belts -- test them first so your bore diameter meets the Powerbelt fit in your barrel -- then know how to use that gun for best results...... meaning a lung or heart shot & notaiming for large bone.

Want toaim atbone?.... use the Platinum Belts instead.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

well i shot 245gr powerbelts hollow point on top of 110 grains of triple 7 is this the right charge (its a good groundhog killer )
Old 07-19-2006, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

well i shot 245gr powerbelts hollow point on top of 110 grains of triple 7 is this the right charge (its a good groundhog killer )
I just typed a three paragraph reply to your post here that I quoted above. Somehow-someway it all vanished.

AGAIN/REPEAT.... ALL MY WORKGOT LOST in cyberspace when I clicked "OK" to send my post. This the 4th post that I lost recently at this website. Enough already!

WE CANNOTCOPY anything we type in our reply box -- in order to save itprior to gettinglost. Even when we log-on to this website, the page saysit's "DONE - BUT WITH ERRORS".

Someone here at Hunting.net needs to fix this problem A.S.A.P please. This "DONE WITH ERRORS" has been going on ever since they updated this site around a year ago. Please... if no one here knows how to fix these errors... then please hire a computer tech to finish the job you started.

I will read the posts here - but not respond anymore till I feel this problemhas been resolved.

See Ya'll soon... I hope.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:28 PM
Dominant Buck

If you're getting good accuracy I do not see why that would not work. That is a powerful charge so you might get a lot of expansion and possible fragmentation of the projectile. But it should cause a massive wound channel. You just might not get a complete pass through on some of the larger animals. Sometimes this leads to a poor blood trail in the event the animal is not DRT.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

it evaporates groundhogs i havent got a chance to try it on deer yet i havent had the oppurtunity but it expands well and it should be very deadly on whitetail
Old 07-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Fork Horn

I think the website works great,
I shot a nice bull elk with a 348,bull dead after 40 yards or so. Perfect hit in chest bullet looked like a 50 cent piece. They shoot real nice with a peep sight and range finder good to 200 yards.
Redclub

Old 07-19-2006, 02:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Triple Se7en

I just typed a three paragraph reply to your post here that I quoted above. Somehow-someway it all vanished.

AGAIN/REPEAT.... ALL MY WORKGOT LOST in cyberspace when I clicked "OK" to send my post. This the 4th post that I lost recently at this website. Enough already!

WE CANNOTCOPY anything we type in our reply box -- in order to save itprior to gettinglost. Even when we log-on to this website, the page saysit's "DONE - BUT WITH ERRORS".

Someone here at Hunting.net needs to fix this problem A.S.A.P please. This "DONE WITH ERRORS" has been going on ever since they updated this site around a year ago. Please... if no one here knows how to fix these errors... then please hire a computer tech to finish the job you started.

I will read the posts here - but not respond anymore till I feel this problemhas been resolved.

See Ya'll soon... I hope.
In the short period of time I have been posting, I haven't lost anything or had any problems.

Quick Reply: powerbelt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.