Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 MDM Buckwacka / Quickshooter >

MDM Buckwacka / Quickshooter

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

MDM Buckwacka / Quickshooter

Old 02-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Spike

Default MDM Buckwacka / Quickshooter

Does anyone know anything about the MDM line of break open muzzleloaders? I'm looking for information on them whether good or bad.
Thanks
Old 02-19-2006, 12:32 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: MDM Buckwacka / Quickshooter

Knowing there are sales on Knight Disc Elites right now, I would not even consider a MDM Buckwacka or any other rifle for that matter. A stainless steel Knight Disc Elite in .50 caliber would be my choice. Even though it takes a red primer disc holder, comes with no sights, it is considered one of the most accurate muzzleloading rifles made. Throw a scope on that rifle and there is nothing you could not hunt.

http://www.williamsgunsight.com/
Old 02-19-2006, 02:48 PM
Typical Buck

My son owns a Quickshooter nice rifle and a good price. The sights that came with it sucked but scope mount holes were true. It actually likes Pyrodex pellets and Powerbelt bullets. It also will shoot anything else we chuck down the bore.

Ugly but well made.
Old 02-19-2006, 03:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

With the deals some of us have been getting on TC and Knights why settle for less? There are a lot of fairly good Muzzleloaders out there but quality pays in the long run.Lee
Old 02-20-2006, 11:45 PM

I have one of the .50 caliberstainless quicshooters with a cabelas pine ridge 2x7x32 scope on it. I got it before last years season and it shoots very well. I killed a doe with it using cheap shot sabots. The quality is as good as any thing else I have seen. The only complaint is the sights on the quicshooter. The BuckWacka sights are alot better. The Quicshooter is a foreign made rifle which seems to make alot of people stay away from it. It is made in Brazil. You dont hear alot about it either. Mine has an excellent trigger pull and is well made. Their .45 caliber is even rated for 200 grains of powder. I have CVA, Knight, Thompson Center, and Traditions and I dont regret buying this one. I got a blued rifle on sale from Cabelas since the stainless was sold outand MDM let me send it to them and pay the difference on the stainless one I have now. Not many other companies would let you do that I bet. I wouldnt hesitate to get another.