Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Knight Bolt Disassembly >

Knight Bolt Disassembly

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Bolt Disassembly

Old 12-26-2005, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Knight Bolt Disassembly

Hi All,

Can someone tell me how to disassemble the bolt of knight rifle. I have a master hunter II that shoots the orange disk. I have the "C" tool.

Thanks
Tom
Old 12-26-2005, 03:26 PM

Default RE: Knight Bolt Disassembly

Screw out the secondary safety all the way and insert the c-tool between the secondary safety and bolt. Screw the safety down on the c-tool and keep turning it until the handle part and the firing pin assembly come loose. Unscrew the handle part. Just put it back the same when you put it back together. Also do not remove the c-tool while the bolt is apart.

If you have trouble getting it back together just post here.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

After engaging the C-Tool should I then remove the bolt from the rifle before trying to turn it? How hard should I try to turn it? Clockwise or Counter Clockwise?

Thanks
Tom
Old 12-27-2005, 10:29 AM
Dominant Buck

On my Disc rifle which requires a C - tool also, I move the secondary safety (rear safety) all the way back, as if I were going to fire the rifle. I then hold the C - tool in place and begin to screw the secondary safety back to the safe position in a clockwise manner as ifI wanted to engage the secondary safety again, likeon the range. Once you reach the C- Tool, pinch it between the bolt and the secondary safety. Now keep turning that secondary safety in a clockwise manner against the tool.

Sometimes, it will not seem to want to turn any further. You then have to adjust the C-Tool a little. The rear knob will turn believe me. It will be hard to turn but you must turn it until it will not turn anymore. Fingers are all you need to do this by the way, but BE SURE YOU TURN THAT ALL THE WAY IN. And all the way in does not mean just to where it pinches the tool to the bolt. What you're doing is bringing the bolt spring into the back position on the firing pin. When you can no longer turn that secondary safety in a clockwise position, on my rifle I remove the bolt retaining screw and slip the entire bolt out of the rifle. The C- tool will stay with this secondary safetythe entire time. Do not attempt to remove it. With the bolt in your hand out of the rifle, grab the front part of the bolt and the back part will unscrew right out of thefront part.

I like to spray the inside of the bolt with brake cleaner and then run Q-tips in there untilthey come out clean. On the firing pin assembly I spray that down also, and use a small brush to scrub thespring area, then wipe it all back down. After that I spray it with a light coat of Birchwood Casey Sheath.

Screw the two parts back together. Return it to the bolt. You have to move the rear part of the bolt to line up and itall will slide right back in place. Then replace the bolt retaining screw. After that, with the rifle all back in place, you then turn the secondary safety screw counter clock wise and that will release the C-Tool. The rifle is now working fine..
Old 12-27-2005, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Cuyagard. The extra turn is how I think I ended up not getting it. I am going to try that tonight. I'm sure it will be smooth sailing from here.

Thanks
Tom
Old 12-27-2005, 02:54 PM
Dominant Buck

sometimes I have to work that C- tool around to get those final few turns which will then make the thing work. Once you get it the first time, its easy after that. I know, you should have heard some of the things I was saying to myself the first few times I tried to take the bolt apart.

I think you'll be fine. Any problems, give one of us a holler!