Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 buffalo bullet company >

buffalo bullet company

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

buffalo bullet company

Old 09-27-2005, 10:24 AM

Default buffalo bullet company

I was at Gander Mountain the other day looking for muzzleloader accessories. I found some 240 grain total copper plated hollow point sabot's made by Buffalo Bullet Co. They were only $6.99 for a box of 36.
Has anyone used these? I'm planning to try them out of my new omega. The price was right even if I only use them at the range. I was given 2 bottles of pyrodex RS and 1 bottle of pyrodex P. I know the RS will work, can I use the P too?
Old 09-27-2005, 11:52 AM

Default RE: buffalo bullet company

Is your omega a 50cal? the p would be fine, it burns at a faster rate than ff, so
it'll work good on light bullets but the heavier (350gr.+) don't usually agree with
such a high rate of acceleration. The p will produce a higher pressure than the ff, so reduce your load by 15% to be safe. Also the p usually burns cleaner than ff of the same brand so that should help with the follow up shots if you don't swab first.
Hope this helps,
Grape.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:17 PM
Dominant Buck

Never used the pure copper 240 grain from Buffalo Bullet Company, but if they make them they are probably a good projectile. I like their products.

As already said, lots of people shoot Pyrodex P because it does burn cleaner and it pressure spikes a little faster then RS or Select. Just cut your load back and then work your way up from there. Some of my favorite loads are around 100 grains of the 3f grade powders...

Lets us know how those Buffalo Bullets shoot. I will have to keep an eye out for them. Although I just orders almost $100.00 worth of bullets today, so I am sure I will have plenty to shoot, and will hear all about my hobby....
Old 09-27-2005, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those bullets are Buffalo's version of the Hornady XTP & Speer Gold Dot HPs. I have read nothing about their game harvest performances. The Pyrodex P is the overallbest powder Pyrodex sells. You can safely use it in any caliber from 32 to 58 -- great with inlines & sidehammer flintlocks or percussions. The major complaint with Pyrodex is it's #1 ranking for corrosiveness.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:01 PM
Dominant Buck

I have been looking them up on the net and from what I found.. you got a good deal on them bullets. If they shoot good, you might want to run back and get some more of them before they change the price of them...
Old 09-27-2005, 02:31 PM

They had several different sizes at Gander Mountain. I'm having a load of dirt delivered on Saturday so I can finallybuild a range at home.I should be able to should 200 plus yards, I can't wait. Hopefully I will be shooting Saturday afternoon and if these bullets shoot well I will be able to buy more Sunday since I will be around the corner from Gander Mountain.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:21 PM
Typical Buck

A 200 yard range at home and living around the corner from Gander Mountain. Now I am double jealous!!! I dream of having a range on my own property but where I live now it can't happen. I do have a swimming pool with a diving board but it just ain't the same.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:38 PM

Gander Mountain is actually an hour from my home but it's 5 minutes from my in-laws. It gets even better, Bass Pro shops is 20 minutes from my house. I still remember shopping for hunting supplies at kmart or thru catalogs so this is like living in heaven for me. I can be in a deer stand in 5 minutes or shooting geese in afield next to my house. My wife is from a city and informed me shortly after we met that I was a "redneck". I couldn't believe it. I just thought I was lucky that I didn't live in a city.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:20 PM

I'll bet these bullets have good terminal performance. The electroplating copper over lead process is already used in the Speer Gold Dot and the Federal Fusion bullets - these bullets are almost indestructable. No core/jacket separation - ever. Hope they shoot well.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:30 PM
Typical Buck

I used to live in NY. Are there any houses with enough property to shoot on for sale in you neighborhood. My brother lives in Wellsville NY. Not sure I could handle the snow and cold weather any more since living in Arizona for 30 years. Would miss elk hunting also.

Quick Reply: buffalo bullet company

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.