Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Do i have enough?

Old 08-29-2005, 02:37 PM
Spike

Default Do i have enough?

Hey guys,..Have an Omega .50,been shooting alot of different bullets.Man,this guessing game is sure expensive.Looks like the gun likes 295 and 300 gr.bullets the best with 80 grains of pyrodex pellets.Groups the best with SST's,Harvesters and those scary Powerbelt "blow up bullets".Sub 2" groups with all of the above.The question is,do i have enough out to 100yds or so, to inflict good knock down?
Old 08-29-2005, 03:03 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Do i have enough?

I think at 100 yards, if you place any of the mentioned projectiles pushed by 80 grains of pellets in the right place, you better know how to butcher.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will be using a 370 grain T/C Maxi-Ball pushed by 80 grains of 2f this fall for elk, and am not even thinking of anything else to use!! For deer, any of those bullets sounds like a deadly combination with 80 grains of powder!!
Old 08-29-2005, 04:54 PM
Typical Buck

If I was a whitetailed I'd be scared.....