Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder > Black Powder Reference Forum
Thompson Center Fire Hawk Barrels >

Thompson Center Fire Hawk Barrels

Community
Black Powder Reference Forum Information written by our members to help the beginner, novice, and old-time muzzleloader on Flintlocks, Percussion and In-Lines.

Thompson Center Fire Hawk Barrels

Old 02-28-2016, 09:09 AM
Spike

Default Thompson Center Fire Hawk Barrels

a few questions to put out there. !. Will the different caliber barrels for the Thompson Center Fire Hawk interchange with each other to fit the same stock. And 2. will the fire hawk and thunder hawk barrels interchange with each other to fit each other's stocks ? 3. any one know where to get a thumb hole stock of a Fire Hawk? Thanks
Old 02-29-2016, 04:32 AM
Spike

I don't know about interchanging the barrels you mentioned, but there are some aftermarket thumbhole stock manufacturers who may have set up for your model gun. Google for them if you haven't already done so. If you do find one, it will probably have to be glass bedded before you can get any kind of accuracy with it. That has been my experience with high powers.
When I could never get comfortable shooting my TC hawken, no matter which hold I used, I built my own thumbhole for it. That was my first try at building a stock. It wasn't perfect, but it did work as I hoped it would. It was good practice for the stocks I built later. If you do find a thumbhole to fill your needs, don't forget that your factory stock may have some sale value to help recover some of your costs.
Paul
Old 03-01-2016, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

Yes, the FireHawk barrels will interchange with the same FireHawk stock, thats the way they were designed. I owned a .54 FireHawk, my first inline, killed many deer with it.

I would say no, on the interchange of the FireHawk/ThunderHawk barrels. I'd call T/C an ask, but those folks running things now don't seem to know much about the old T/C's.

As far as the thumbhole stocks you might get lucky an find one, try the auction sites or ebay.