Community
Black Powder Reference Forum Information written by our members to help the beginner, novice, and old-time muzzleloader on Flintlocks, Percussion and In-Lines.

Bore Lights

Old 07-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Bore Lights

Here are two inexpensive lights that will fit any bore and allow you to check its condition.

This one is available in Walmart's fishing equipment section, and many sporting goods stores for about two bucks.

And this one, which I really like and use often, is available at O'Reilly Auto Parts for about ten bucks.

Old 07-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those are nice, but if you don't want to spend a dime on one, pick up a stainless steel shell casing at the range that will fit down the bore, drop it down the bore primer side towards the muzzle then shine a light down the bore. You'll see the bore pretty well for free. Just a tip from an old cheap skate.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:52 AM
Spike

Could ya find me a casing to fit down my .32 Crockett bore ? I have the Super Ray from O'rielly and it works well with room to spare . The only thing I don't like is the cost of replacement batteries and is almost to bright .
Old 01-12-2015, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just found this one today. It's hands free magnetized. Will be ordering it soon.

http://www.realavid.com/magnetic-bore-light.html
Old 01-12-2015, 02:20 PM
Typical Buck

I bought a RMC drop in bore light years ago and it works great.Still has it,s original battery.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah those bobber lights work great the batteries last a long time and they take up no space at all !
Old 01-15-2015, 03:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer
yeah those bobber lights work great the batteries last a long time and they take up no space at all !
Just be careful not to shine the fishing & tackle lights in your bore for too-long-a-look, for algae may form inside your barrel.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Use one of these hooked to your laptop. Take photos and/or video.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...uctDescription
Old 03-11-2015, 06:00 PM
Dominant Buck

They opened an O'Reilly auto parts store about 40 miles away. So now I have access to those flashlights. I want to tell you, not only can you check your rifle, but you will discover as I did, they have to be the most handy little light around. Light weight, and a very strong beam. I was so glad that Semisane told me about them.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict
Use one of these hooked to your laptop. Take photos and/or video.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...uctDescription
I got one of these. I like it a lot and I have used it for several other things besides barrels. Ron

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.