HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   If you saw a bigfoot/sasquatch would you shoot it? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/90955-if-you-saw-bigfoot-sasquatch-would-you-shoot.html)

SeaHunter 02-17-2005 08:51 PM

If you saw a bigfoot/sasquatch would you shoot it?

I was thinking about this. It might be my Hill Billy neighbor running around in a gorilla suit or it could be big foot. But do you drop it?

If it's a Bigfoot you can provide proof to the world they exist but if it's your weird neighbor I'm sure jail time might be in your future.

RedAllison 02-17-2005 10:05 PM

RE: If you saw a bigfoot/sasquatch would you shoot it?

Drop "it" like a bad habit... I think some states have even outlawed killing something they cant even prove exists, lol. But for the greater of science, man and "what if?" I think killing one would be acceptable. When I was a kid I used to be fascinated by the idea of a sasquatch (mainly because I was petrified of Andre "The Giant" dressed up like Bigfoot in all those Six Million Dollar Man episodes, lmao) and I believe deep down inside we want to believe that a "missing link" exists. But I am completely content with our Creator's "recipe" for how human life got here.

But then again if you have ever seen the ancient forests of the North West you can kinda believe something could wander around there for eons without discovery! ;)
RA

St.EdsHunter 02-18-2005 12:21 AM

If its your neighbor he deserves to get smoked running around the woods in a get-up like that. I would kill it but thats just some college punks opinion.

apmaurosr 02-18-2005 04:19 AM

I'd drop it - but only if there's an open season on bigfoot. Otherwise you'd be put in jail if it was your neighbor or if you'd be in jail for shooting big foot with no open season.

ant
www.anthonypmaurosr.com

rob1 02-18-2005 04:53 AM

I'd drop him in his tracks, and claim he attacked me and I had to shoot to defend myself!

Rustyaxecamp 02-18-2005 06:12 AM

He'd hang on the Rusty Axe Camp Bigfoot Pole.

In MI, I think there is a law saying there is no closed season on "exotics", like if an Emu walked past you in deer season, I think you can touch off on it. I think. And in my book, Bigfoot would classify as an exotic.

If you got up to it and it was your neighbor, well, there's a lot of real thick nasty swamps in the U.P.;)

Erik

Rusty Axe Camp

kevin1 02-18-2005 06:23 AM

I'd do what all REAL Bigfoot hunters do ,
I'd smack him with a keg and take pics ! ;) :D

Montana Bob 02-18-2005 09:15 AM

Here's a subject I have spent many hours thinking about while in the woods hunting.
I would not really want to kill it. I would want to try and capture Bigfoot as killing it would be a waste of the science we could learn. There would be some great info we could learn from a dead one, but not as much as if it were alive.
Besides if a capture or kill were to take place our government would step right in and well..........You remember ET

m00sedrool 02-18-2005 09:29 AM

LMAO on three counts....first, the topic in general. Secondly, the reference to the Six Million Dollar Man episodes that brought back some memories....but mostly envisioning Montana Bob throwing a lasso at a Rocky Mountain subspecies Big Foot so he can bring 'em in live. You never know what you might bugle in out there! Let me know if you're successful MT bob....we'll start the RMBFF to facilitate further research and habitat improvement and headquarter it there in Darby. ;)

hillbillyhunter1 02-18-2005 09:34 AM

OK Bob, if you have spent so much time considering capture, What method are you thinking? Open Pit with branches on top (like a gilligan's Island episode)?, snare with bait?
pouring salt on its stub of a tail? :D:D:D:D