Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

My biggest bull - Pics

Old 02-11-2002, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default My biggest bull - Pics

This is my biggest bull to date. My Dad and I were backpack hunting in Colorado in 1998. I got in between him and his cows, and a bugle and a couple of cow calls got him coming, literally, right towards me. He walked in, me at full draw, and started rubbing a tree. I let down, and drew three different times on him, with him at 12 steps, each time waiting until his head was down to draw or let down. Third time I was drawn, he sidestepped 90 degrees and started rubbing and I shot him through the lungs. He ran about 4 or 5 steps, looked back, and as I nocked another arrow he ran. I heard hiim fall in about another 10 seconds, and didn't even follow the blood trail - I just walked to where he fell on an awfully steep hillside. Public land bull, 6x5, 44" wide, 9 1/2 bases, I think he grossed around 290 or so. I broke his skull plate coming out - but it don't matter any to me. Very proud of that bull I was. I bugled in a 6x6 for my Dad two days later - a 250 class animal.
Old 02-11-2002, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My biggest bull - Pics

Nice looking bull SC ,It isn't the size but the memories that count .
Old 02-11-2002, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

awesome stuff stealthy.....did ya shoot that pronghorn also?
Old 02-11-2002, 02:17 PM

I am very impressed . Would love to have it hanging on my wall.

Mike
Old 02-11-2002, 04:27 PM

That bull has very good thirds
Old 02-11-2002, 04:50 PM

Stealthycat

Good bull! I used to live down the road from you off of Hwy 89. Matter of fact, I had my last whitetail mounted in Mayflower right before I left. Can't remember the name (I think Mayflower Taxidermy) but I definitely can't forget the color of the building...pure orange. Wife is from Morrilton. How are things in Arkansas?
Old 02-11-2002, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

VERY NICE BULL, CONGRATS. AND GOOD STORY
Old 02-11-2002, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did ya'll notice how his brow tines are not joined - they are actually several inches apart. I've killed three bulls in this area of Colorado, and 2 of the three had that characteristic. His G1's (first brow tine) are 13 1/2 inches, but his G2's (second brow tines) are only 7 inches. His G3's are 17 inches.

dalliwacker - I live right there off Ledrick on hwy 89 - the new housing developement. The train track SUCKS - I cannot emphasize that enough. Nice enough place to live I suppose, I have been here 2 years now. You can drop me some hints on where to get a good lease around here if you want to . Only news I know to tell - the Mayflower Diner got closed. Janice is my neighbor - bunch of building violations got her shut down !

Old 02-11-2002, 05:24 PM

Stealthycat

Not sure if you are asking for a housing lease or a hunting lease. Could you specify?
Old 02-11-2002, 09:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

dalliwacker - Hunting lease, hunting club, anywhere but that crowded Camp Robinson !

I walked around a bit on Ed Gordon this year - thick nasty stuff, some big deer tracks though. I made the mistake of getting the wife pregnant in December - we had an October baby and that ended my hunting season right there. If you know any good clubs, please let me know ! Thanks

Quick Reply: My biggest bull - Pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.