Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

East coast elk

Old 01-21-2004, 07:10 PM

Default East coast elk

Hey all,
A guided hunt trip will honestly never be in my budget. I was talking to someone at the range the other day and he said he thought he heard that there were elk in Pensylvania? COuld this be right? Does anyone on this board know if the DNR has introduced elk to any public land in Pa.? Could it be?or is this just another pipe dream. Chris
Old 01-21-2004, 07:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: East coast elk

man, are you behind, they hav been hunting the critters there! it is a limited draw, almost impossible to get one, so i have heard, even more so for an out-of-state resident. same with kentucky. virginia has a couple of stragglers wandering in from kentucky, can shoot it on your deer tag, but supposed to be almost impossible to find because there are so few of them.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:41 PM

Know sumpin? I am happy. At least I have a chance at a lottery, as opposed to never having 5k or better to spend on a guided trip. Thanks!
Old 01-21-2004, 07:45 PM
Fork Horn

hey, while you are checking them out, seems as though i heard arkansas has them, too, but i don't know about the hunting situation for them there. i'm thinking about trying in virginia myself, even if i don't see an elk( either sex is legal there), i can still try for a deer at the same time, for no extra money.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:10 PM

Yes they have but you have a better chance of your teacher getting struck by lightning on the day of your final exam than getting the tag.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:12 PM

P.S.-the states that I know have elk in the east are-W.Va., Penna., Arkansas, oklahoma, tennesse, missouri, I think new york has reintroduced them but they are not at a huntable level.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:21 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-21-2004, 09:23 PM

hallelujah!!!!!!!!
Old 01-22-2004, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, we do have them here and some pretty big ones to boot. The best place to see them is in elk county (no pun intended) but I have also seen them at my camp in Lycoming county. As far as the lottery, good luck, you'll need it. They only draw like 50 tags out of the thousands that enter. It costs 10$ to enter your name but if you do get drawn it's definately something you'll never forget. If you are looking for a cheap elk hunt then why don't you just stay in wyoming and hunt public land in Colorado, that's what we do. The entire trip including tags, rooms, food and travel is around 2,000$. We hunt the black national forest and so far we took a 6x6, 2 5x5's, and 2 4x4's. You are all but garaunteed a tag over the counter and you have pretty good odds of seeing one and you can buy a mulie tag as well, those things are everwhere. Good luck whatever you do.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:27 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: j3k2c1

P.S.-the states that I know have elk in the east are-W.Va., Penna., Arkansas, oklahoma, tennesse, missouri, I think new york has reintroduced them but they are not at a huntable level.
What about Ohio?

Quick Reply: East coast elk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.