Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Best Elk Boot?

Old 01-20-2004, 09:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default Best Elk Boot?

What waterproof boots qualify as best for treking thru the mountains for days on end?
Old 01-20-2004, 09:23 PM

Default RE: Best Elk Boot?

i live, work and hunt in the mtns in co i have had a pair of filsons for the past couple of years and they are awsome. better than my danners or any of the boots i've got from cabelas
i haven't had any problems with any of them but the filsons are the best.
with boots --like anything else you get what you pay for
Old 01-20-2004, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would have to say that White's boots are probably the best boots going. A water proof, insulated pair could run upwards of $500, though. I have a pair of Smokejumpers that have lasted me almost 3 years so far, and have not even touched the tread. Use them for work, hiking, and all around wear, as well as firefighting. They are uninsulated, though, and when they get cold- they get COLD! They can be rebuilt if need be and will last a lifetime. They work really well in the areas that I get into around here. Steep, rocky trails that someone could easily break an ankle on if not wearing a good pair of boots. (I've seen it way too many times.) I also have a pair of boots that I got from Cabela's in 2000 for $89, and wear when the weather starts getting cold and wet. They have done well and are very comfortable. I would also look into Wolverine, Filson, and Red Wing. Good boots are a very important investment, and you will regret it after a 5+ mile day in the woods if you don't have a good pair!
Old 01-21-2004, 07:12 AM
Typical Buck

The most comftorable boot I've ever owned has got to be Danners. They require no break in period. I now wear the Antelpoes by Danner, they're light, they have 800grams of thinsulate and are down right a pleasure to wear.
I can't imagine there's any better out there. I'm defenitely not looking, as I 'm totally satisfied with what I now have. They're completely waterproof, and no problem walking 2miles or 15 miles no matter the country. I'm a bowhunter and wear these boots in near 80 deg temps with no problems. I've also elk hunted in near zero weather in lots of snow, and was plenty warm. Best all around boot for me. elknut1
Old 01-21-2004, 11:05 AM

This past off season I bought a pair of cabels outfitter series boots, and I love them. I bought them three months before the season started because I figured that they would need to be broken in. They needed no breaking in right out of the box. I walked all over unit 444 in Colorado this past season with no problems. My feet get really cold when still hunting, so I opted for the 2000grams of insulation. My feet never got cold, or wet.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have found the meindl canadas to be very comfortable and durable.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:50 PM

For my money, Danners are hard to beat.
Old 01-24-2004, 04:35 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the replies fellas.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:35 PM
Typical Buck

arrowsmit,

This is not about a best boot, but thought some of you might be interested. About 3 yrs ago I bought some electric gloves and intersoles for my boots from Kreamer Sports. I have never been able to keep my feet warm on a stand and my fingers just about freeze off riding an ATV or when in my boat for hunting or fishing. Kreamer can put heat in anything and they work. Not trying to help their sales but they really worked with me trying to set the gloves and boot warmers (intersoles) to work in a deer stand, in my boat, and on a 4 whl. Their email is: [email protected] and their web is: www.kreamersports.com

Hope this helps those of you that suffer like I did.

dog1
Old 03-23-2004, 11:06 AM

If any of you guys out there like Danner boots I found what I think is a GREAT deal on some @ Bass Pro shops. They're the 8" pronghorn model, uninsulated, leather, waterproof, super light. Check it out, for $49.95 you can't go wrong. I bought some for my October elk hunt in Montana as a "warm" weather pair. And no, I don't work for them , just trying to pass on a good deal!!

Quick Reply: Best Elk Boot?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.