Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

ELK IN KOREA PIC.

Old 10-28-2003, 03:14 AM

Default ELK IN KOREA PIC.

THIS BIG BULL WAS ABOUT 500 YARDS FROM THE D.M.Z. HE WAS NOT AFRAID OF ANY THING. SURE WISH I HAD MY BOW.

Old 10-28-2003, 03:27 AM

Default RE: ELK IN KOREA PIC.

Land Mines?

EKM
Old 10-29-2003, 05:48 PM

My dad shot a 6X6 just a tad bit smaller than that. It weighed about 900lbs. Elk for about 7 months.
Old 10-31-2003, 12:41 PM
Fork Horn

OK I' m going to have to call bulls**t on this one.
I' m pretty sure there are no elk in Korea. They are definitely not native to Korea.
Did you take this picture KB?

Old 10-31-2003, 03:35 PM

i see elk every day over here. they tell me that something about the equater, all i know is they are here, see them every day
Old 10-31-2003, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cyrus

I' m pretty sure there are no elk in Korea. They are definitely not native to Korea.
I believe you' re right. If I remember Korea used to import them from Canada until 2000-2001. I think it was stopped when they received some shippments that were infected with CWD.

Old 10-31-2003, 07:57 PM

If I' m right, they were shipped over mainly for antler use and breeding.THEY went to organized farming operations,not turned loose in the DMZ
Old 10-31-2003, 09:06 PM

Flameing edited out PLAINS MAN.
ELK HAVE ALWAYS BEEN IN KOREA, I WENT TO SOUL CITY HALL AND LOOKED IT UP. THE ELK FROM CANADA JUST ABOUT KILLED ALL OF THE ELK OUT. HAD SOME THING WRONG WITH THEM. Flameing edited out, STUDY UP ON WHAT YOU THINK YOU KNOW....

KentuckyBoy you are pushing the envelope and keeping me busier than I want to be just watching over you. Clean your act up.
Old 11-04-2003, 01:25 PM

according to: http://www.asianinfo.org/asianinfo/k...o-wildlife.htm

" Wildlife in Korea" , there is absolutely no mention of Elk as wildlife in Korea. The info on the site was provided by the Korean Embassy. One would think that they would know what wildlife exist in their own country.

Elk velvet is imported to Korea to the tune of about $32 million a year and they have banned all imports for N. America because of CWC.

And what in hell does the equator (note the correct spelling KB) have to do with Korea?

KB, you still trying to pass yourself off as an Army sniper with the Remmy Model 7 or was that an M118 rifle. LOL
Old 11-05-2003, 11:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Interesting thread as I expected just to see an elk picture along with some comments about hunting them over there in general.

So, is the general consensus that there are no elk in Korea?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.