Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Entering Canada

Old 09-22-2017, 07:26 PM
Spike

Default Entering Canada

Does anyone know if a hunting violation from 10 years ago would make me inadmissible to Canada
Old 09-23-2017, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

For a FACT? No, I don't. But it would depend on how they treat that specific crime in their country.
DUI's are felonies, in Canada and many people in the USA are denied entry because of that. You need to contact their Game management people and ask them.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

I'm curious, how would they even know ?
Hunting incident or DWI ?
Old 09-24-2017, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

How do they find anything out that they do? Guys get turned back all the time.

You can pay them money to review it ahead of time and make choice. I would do it, rather than getting to the border, and screwing over my buddies, or wasting my own time.

I would go to the horses mouth.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

you can get a pardon for DUI's, to gain access to canada, I have known several; people that have, including one of our Presidents LOL
http://www.pardoncanada.com/

as for if hunting violations, I think I would contact a border crossing agent and ask that, as a game warden may or may not know, and if you get wrong info, and get caught IN canada when you shouldn;t have been, you might not be able to leave< as you would have broken there laws and be a criminal there? which could end you in jail there/
I had a friend that got INTO canada NO issue's but on return he couldn't get back into USA,
ended up staying and hiring a lawyer and a lot of cash to resolve things,
as they better to ask before than find out after!
Old 09-25-2017, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

What he said! Good advice.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mrbb
I had a friend that got INTO canada NO issue's but on return he couldn't get back into USA,
ended up staying and hiring a lawyer and a lot of cash to resolve things,
as they better to ask before than find out after!

Not to sound silly, but if you're a USA citizen, they must let you back in. Maybe in hand cuffs, but they must take you back at the boarder.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by the blur
Not to sound silly, but if you're a USA citizen, they must let you back in. Maybe in hand cuffs, but they must take you back at the boarder.
I forget exact details, wasn't a super close friend
but I think what they got him for was illegal entry into Canada, and as such, the Canadian side refused to let him pass to get into the USA, and then once he got passed that part, he had some other issue getting past the USA border crossing as well

we ended up leaving him there, and he worked things out with a lawyer and a bunch of cash to settle things

GOING back a LOT farther in time, I can recall a time when in the 80's we used to cross the border really easy or the likes, compared to today., and buddy's girlfriend came with us one time, to go Drink, as drinking age was younger in Canada
and we crossed and got into canada NO problems

then coming back, we had another issue with his girlfriend getting back into the USA< as she didn;'t have any ID

Back then they never even asked for ID to leave usa or enter Canada, but when we tried to come back into the USA< that was a BIG deal
they pulled us aside, searched my truck, held us there for a few hours while they ran all her info, based on her giving them info, they even called her parents in the USA , made her fill out a boat load of forms, stating she was indeed a USA citizen, and then we were finally able to get back into the USA
but this again was a LONG time ago LOL

and her own darn fault for NOT having her ID with her??

off topic I guess but a some what funny story ?? as that trip we drove home in a ice storm, the truck was coated with a solid 1/2 inch of ice, and the border folks, again searched the whole truck, had it in a heated garage to melt it first, so when we got it back it was nice and clean and warm !!
Old 10-05-2017, 02:09 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jobson8891
Does anyone know if a hunting violation from 10 years ago would make me inadmissible to Canada
As long as you paid your fine 10 years ago they would never know or care. It is considered the same as a traffic ticket and not a criminal offense.