Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Hunting license

Old 08-20-2017, 02:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hunting license

Just curious I currently live in Kansas and gave already purchased my resident hunting license for the year. I maybe moving in the very near future to another state. If time permitted would it still be legal to us the Kansas license after I moved out the state for 60/90 days. I didn't see anything in the regs but don't wanna risk anything either.
Old 08-20-2017, 03:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Instead of asking people who do not live in Kansas it would be a lot smarter to contact the Kansas game department and ask them how long your resident Kansas hunting license is valid after you move out of state. Many states have many rules on being a non resident hunter after you move to a different state.
Old 08-20-2017, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

I'll give them a call
Old 08-20-2017, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yup call the game commision. My father when living in VA purchased a lifetime license and then two years later moved. Now has to purchase a non resident license but if he moves back his lifetime becomes reactivated or revalidated. Something like that.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes call them.

But, I would say it will be valid until your new residency becomes effective...some places can be a year or so...
Old 08-22-2017, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Check, but I would think it would be legal to hunt on the license. It was a legally obtained resident license, the license is good for a year, why should that change if you move out of state? Are they going to refund the cost of your license prorate? No.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

If it was a resident license and a person moves out of the state and is no longer a resident of that state, in many states the license is no longer valid, especially when the person is eligible to buy a resident license in the new state they moved to. In PA, once you move out of the state, your resident license becomes invalid after 30 days, which is the same amount of time you must be a bonefide resident before you are eligible to buy a resident hunting license. And no, you do not get a refund on the license, the license is not good for a year if you move out of the state during the license year.. I do not know of a state that allows you to move out and become a non resident and continue to use your resident license until it expires.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 08-22-2017 at 11:00 AM.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:49 PM
Typical Buck

Because there aren't any. I believe the states with the longest period of wait is 60 days.
Kansas is one of those states.
Old 08-23-2017, 02:07 PM
Fork Horn

I talked with the game warden and he said if I move out the state long enough to have resident status in another state my resident license for Kansas will be void. I guess I'll hold up on moving a little.