Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
I finally bought one Pictures added >

I finally bought one Pictures added

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

I finally bought one Pictures added

Old 04-01-2017, 02:13 AM
Dominant Buck

Sounds like you did Ok OT. Backing them up is a little tricky but you get pretty good at it after doing it a few times. Mine is the same size and I have a lift gate that I can drive the quad right up on the trailer. Mine has a 2" receiver which fits the truck 2" ball and I put a 2" ball on the wheeler so I can tow the trailer when needed by the quad.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Pictures added

Pictures of the ATV and trailer, picked them up this morning.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 04-01-2017 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

looks like a nice clean atv there, Might want to look at some better tires however, they look like stock OEM tires yet, which most are 4 ply and they can get flats a lot easier
I have titan 589 on mine and they been like bullet proof, work very well in mud and snow , 10 yrs old now and easy 50+% tread left and about 4-5,000 miles on them!
good deals can be had on Ebay for them too
just food for thought for down the road for you!
Old 04-01-2017, 12:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Looks just like my trailer but since I use mine all winter to move my wheeler from one fishing spot to another I put a front and sides on the trailer to keep the road salt from getting as much a hold on the quad. My front is about 5' and the sides are about 2 feet about halfway along the trailer. I can drive up and get off easily and the quad is protected.
Old 04-01-2017, 12:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds like a good idea to protect your quad. brand of tires are front- Dunlop 121F and rearm Goodyear Rawhide RS, they do still have plenty of tread on them. I couldn't find the ply probably because there are no lights in the garage and I didn't feel like laying on the floor with a flashlight to find it. Unless I read the manual wrong it says 5 psi on air pressure in he tires. I knew they were low pressure but I didn't think that low.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

yes atv tires don't take much air pressure LOL
some run only 3 PSI or lower? if you keep this atv in a garage, you might really wish to invest in a battery tender, will add a lot of life to your battery, there not costly and easy to install and don't cost but a few penny's a yr to keep going too! a very well worth while addition, many atv's draw power even while parked with digital gauges and or like items
Old 04-01-2017, 02:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have a battery tender, a smart charger that I used to use on my motorcycles over the winter. I was planning on using it but I will have to run an extension cord to my garage because it has no electric service. One day I might get it put in.
Old 04-01-2017, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator

A battery tender is WORTH IT. It gets old buying a new battery every two years. But the battery tender really stretches that out!
-Jake
Old 04-02-2017, 05:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm coming into this a little late. Had me an unrequested "vacation" from the site for a few days. I inherited a Polaris ATV from my father when he passed. I've never driven it and it has not been out of the garage or even off the trailer since he left us in 2013. Personally I hate the things and as long as I can get around to hunt on shank's mare and foot leather I have no use for one. Seriously thinking about sending Dad's down the road to one of his grandsons but he had 3 and choosing 1 could lead to family issues.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
I have a battery tender, a smart charger that I used to use on my motorcycles over the winter. I was planning on using it but I will have to run an extension cord to my garage because it has no electric service. One day I might get it put in.
If the winch you had installed is a warn remote controlled model, it will drain the battery while sitting, mine goes dead in a week if I do not run it.
RR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.