Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Need Elk Hunting advice

Old 01-21-2017, 04:20 AM
Spike

Default Need Elk Hunting advice

My wife and I are trying to take my 16 old daughter a guided elk hunt. Apparently I should have started looking a year ago because space is limited. Has anyone used WTA (Worldwide Trophy Adventures to book a hunt? If so how was your trip?
Old 01-21-2017, 04:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

In order to give your daughter the best experience possible, you may want to consider waiting until next year giving you the time you need to find a good outfitter and to prepare for the hunt as directed by the outfitter. When you are going to spend a sizable amount of money you do not want to rush.
Old 01-22-2017, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have not used WTA. Sometimes with youth a "fun" hunt is more enjoyable than a trophy hunt. Nothing wrong with going on a cow hunt to get some experience under her belt.
Old 01-22-2017, 01:38 PM
Banned

nope never used em.

you looking for any bull, huge bull, cow ???? got a state in mind ? price range? what weapon , I assume rifle but you know what they say bout those who assume?
time of year? you want to camp or luxurys of home?

just pointing out that while there are many that might help you , more info would help them do it.
Old 01-22-2017, 01:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep! Not knowing anything about the OP or what the family has done in the past as far as hunting makes it very difficult to give any meaningful help to his question.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Buddy of mine used them (WTA) through Cabelas about 4 years ago to book a last minute pronghorn hunt in WY & had a blast. He shot a real nice goat . I'm guessing Cabelas screens the outfitters somehow as they're partners and prob. wouldn't want to partner w/ crappy outfitters. I'm also guessing Cabelas takes a sm. cut of the referrals too. Still wouldn't hurt to ask about references & do a Google search on the outfitter if you can find out their name before booking but I'm not sure if you can.