Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Funny stuff seen/heard on hunting shows >

Funny stuff seen/heard on hunting shows

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Funny stuff seen/heard on hunting shows

Old 02-11-2017, 08:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by olsaltydog
By which English language do you refer to being butchered? Ours in America, or theirs in England? Would it astound you to know there has been varying degrees of a particular dialect throughout every culture in the world. Take China, they have 8 major languages with many different minor languages, yet to us in all our glory, we merely call it all Chinese without thought or acknowledgement that there is a difference to those who speak it.
Yep, I personally speak 3 languages: English, Navy and Texan and yes, there is a difference as anyone in the Lone Star state or that has had naval service will quickly tell you.

Back on topic one thing I've heard on shows is the question: "wonder where I hit it?" To me that is incredible because I always take enough time that I can tell you exactly where the bullet struck.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by moosemike
The funniest thing I've heard was David Morris of Tecomate telling everybody why they need a .300 Win mag to kill a deer.
Wonder how I can explain to a lot of dead deer that my .243, 6.5x55, 6.5x54MS, 30-30, 30-40 Krag, .270, 25-06, 7x57, 30-06, 7mm Mag and 9.3x62 were inadequate to kill them?
Old 02-11-2017, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator

There's a reason you're not a tv star flags. Maybe if you'd get a Mag you'd get more screen time.
-Jake
Old 02-11-2017, 11:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Flags couldn't be on TV, he'd be too tempted to yell "git yer hands off my brightwork!!" every time someone touched something shiny!!
Old 02-12-2017, 04:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Flags couldn't be on TV, he'd be too tempted to yell "git yer hands off my brightwork!!" every time someone touched something shiny!!
Or I'd be screaming about all the gear adrift in my workspace! Some of them foks would need to have a round turn taken on their butts as I send them out to hit the deck plates running to titivate the ship and dump all trash clear the fantail. Chow time is over, turn to!