Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Funny stuff seen/heard on hunting shows >

Funny stuff seen/heard on hunting shows

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Funny stuff seen/heard on hunting shows

Old 01-19-2017, 02:10 AM
Dominant Buck

What does sh-54 mean?...southern hunter?
Old 01-19-2017, 03:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Think SH54 means when the OP was talking about horrible grammar that those are not issues with grammar but the way we talk here in the south. To make fun of the way people talk is just plain insulting especially to those of us that speak the exact same way.
Old 01-19-2017, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by olsaltydog
Think SH54 means when the OP was talking about horrible grammar that those are not issues with grammar but the way we talk here in the south. To make fun of the way people talk is just plain insulting especially to those of us that speak the exact same way.
Exactly!! I don't agree with probably 99% of the so called "professional" hunters on TV or their practices. They are pretty much just paid advertisements for whatever product/products sponsors them whether or not the product is worth a damn or not. And a lot of the times it's NOT! But if you want to come on here to HNI and insult a group of people, at least insult them with correct information. Insulting those of us in the South for our little quirks in our particular English dialect is not only rude, it's also against the rules here on HNI I do believe.

You can bet I don't type anything on here that I wouldn't say right to someone's face in the real world. I wouldn't advise the OP to utter such statements that you have made on here to any true Southerner's face as you may need to go visit a Dentist afterwards. Most of us feel quite strongly about our Southern roots and have a tendency to crack an insulting commiefornian in the mouth. Just sayin
Old 01-19-2017, 07:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Don't you love it when the commiefornians aren't happy that they have ruined their own state, but now have to go out and try to ruin everyone else's too!
Old 02-08-2017, 10:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I don't watch TV hunting shows

I don't hunt and talk at the same time.

Hunting alone makes that difficult.
Old 02-09-2017, 12:14 PM
Fork Horn

Is living in a region of the country an acceptable reason to butcher the English language?

What gets me is a guy shooting a 300 magnum saying wait until he turns broadside on a 50 yard shot over a pile of bait or the tv rule that they can not shoot an animal unless it is standing.
Old 02-10-2017, 03:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bpd1982
Is living in a region of the country an acceptable reason to butcher the English language?

What gets me is a guy shooting a 300 magnum saying wait until he turns broadside on a 50 yard shot over a pile of bait or the tv rule that they can not shoot an animal unless it is standing.
By which English language do you refer to being butchered? Ours in America, or theirs in England? Would it astound you to know there has been varying degrees of a particular dialect throughout every culture in the world. Take China, they have 8 major languages with many different minor languages, yet to us in all our glory, we merely call it all Chinese without thought or acknowledgement that there is a difference to those who speak it. The dictionary finally recognizes "ain't" as a word, why then, it was also once considered a butcher of the English language, yet broadly utilized and accepted as most English speaking Americans. Language evolves, new words will be created, and the world will continue to turn, try not to take it so hard that people and geographical areas are different.

I see no issue with what you described above, sounds like the hunter is taking the most efficient shot possible, and attempting to mitigate shows that display less than ideal shot placement. On the other hand, I have seen plenty of shows that have shot deer while moving.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not only across the world salty, but right here in the good old USA! I'd be willing to bet that the OP and BPD have no clue that AMERICAN English was derived from SEVERAL languages! From Latin to French! Old English was damn near a coded language! How can one "butcher" a language that has evolved from so many dialects as well as other languages? It's still evolving and more than likely will continue to do so.
Old 02-10-2017, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
........ It's still evolving and more than likely will continue to do so.
Prolly will.
Old 02-11-2017, 07:49 AM
Fork Horn

The funniest thing I've heard was David Morris of Tecomate telling everybody why they need a .300 Win mag to kill a deer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.