Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Bucket List Hunts?

Old 02-22-2017, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sage of the Sage
Pretty much everything I'm interested in hunting is right out my back door here in Montana. I could see going to Alaska - either Alsaka Moose or a great big caribou.

I put in for mountain goat every year, to no avail. I suppose you could call that my bucket list hunt. Not that I'm really a hardcore trophey hunter at all, but I just think hunting goats up above timberline would be a very unique adventure.
I agree, a Mountain Goat hunt or a Coastal Brown Bear is my dream hunt, but i'm forced to use an outfitter for a Brownie and i won't, so I'm hoping my next of kin in Alaska & I can make it happen one day.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bison meat cow
Elk meat cow
Blue Nilgai

All with a modern inline muzzleloader. Im strictly a meat hunter and these are some of the best eating with lots of meat too. My aunt's husband in Texas sent me some nilgai meat once. I think it was from King Ranch. Darn fine eating.

I would love to put one of these in the freezer. About $2350 for 1 bull and 1 cow or $1950 just for a bull.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
Bison meat cow
Elk meat cow
Blue Nilgai

All with a modern inline muzzleloader. Im strictly a meat hunter and these are some of the best eating with lots of meat too. My aunt's husband in Texas sent me some nilgai meat once. I think it was from King Ranch. Darn fine eating.

I would love to put one of these in the freezer. About $2350 for 1 bull and 1 cow or $1950 just for a bull.
TX does a draw hunt every year for Nilgai that usually has leftover or standby tags available. Might be worth checking out.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

The ones i found said no standby but the application date is long gone so that might be why. Prices looked pretty good and if im reading it right its no limit in some areas?

I found an article that says they had to cull 50+ earlier this year from a helicopter. What a waste of a tag for a great eating animal. You would think people would be lined up for those tags.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
The ones i found said no standby but the application date is long gone so that might be why. Prices looked pretty good and if im reading it right its no limit in some areas?

I found an article that says they had to cull 50+ earlier this year from a helicopter. What a waste of a tag for a great eating animal. You would think people would be lined up for those tags.
My understanding is the hunt is pretty difficult. They also do an aoudad hunt in Palo Duro Canyon that sells all the tags but people don't show up so they do standby on that too. Good hunt if you want an aoudad.
Old 06-29-2017, 06:51 PM
Spike

I would have to say,
Alaskan brown bear
Mountain lion
Kudo
Old 06-30-2017, 12:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by c26payne
I would have to say,
Alaskan brown bear
Mountain lion
Kudo
If you find a Kudo, please let me know since there is no such animal. Proper spelling is KUDU! Welcome to the site!
Old 06-30-2017, 01:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Moose and pronghorn. I think Moose will not happen but Pronghorn just might.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:42 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
If you find a Kudo, please let me know since there is no such animal. Proper spelling is KUDU! Welcome to the site!
Thats what i get for not proof reading when posting from my phone. Damn auto correct. But I will let you know the minute i find a Kudo. Thanks for the welcome.