Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Topgun 3006

Old 10-26-2016, 04:48 AM
car
Typical Buck

Default Topgun 3006

I haven't been on this site much this year, but I haven't seen any post by Topgun. Is he still around?
Old 10-26-2016, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Popgun and Oldheimer got banned a couple of months ago for bullying a newbie (a girl). Their ban is supposed to be up tomorrow, I think.

Things have sure been a lot quieter (less stressful) around here lately.

Old 10-26-2016, 07:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by car
I haven't been on this site much this year, but I haven't seen any post by Topgun. Is he still around?
Top goes to WY every year for the last part of Sept and all of Oct. Don't look for him until the first week of Nov is over. I've known him for years and he does a major annual trip west to hunt pronghorn, mulies and elk with some friends of his.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep. He's in WY right now having a blast. But Chuckles was right, he and Oldtimr caught a "vacation" for a couple months before anyway. Flags, sending you a PM quick.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Yep. He's in WY right now having a blast. But Chuckles was right, he and Oldtimr caught a "vacation" for a couple months before anyway. Flags, sending you a PM quick.
Got it. I'll keep my ear open.
Old 11-05-2016, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Ron! I left early on 8/27 for my annual trip to Wyoming along with two weeks in Arizona on an archery elk hunt and a few days in North Dakota pheasant hunting and just got back tonight. I'm reading this thread that I got banned for a couple months for something I apparently posted and a Mod must not have liked what was stated, but I was gone that whole time and I don't have computer access when I go hunting to know what it was all about! The guys I helped this year took 4 bull elk (2 that were 5x5s and 2 that were 6x6s), an 80" buck antelope, a 38" Shiras moose, and a 193" gross scoring non-typical mule deer buck that will be one of the tops in Wyoming this season. I just had a deer tag that was good for the last half of October and only saw a couple bucks that I would have shot if I had been able to get good shots at them, but such was not the case. It was a very busy and strenuous couple months and I lost 13# that I didn't need to lose and am down to 150# and none of my pants fit now, LOL! I paid for 1/2 the processing cost of one of the 5x5 bulls and brought two big coolers of frozen, boneless packages back with me, so that should help me put a few pounds back on this old carcass, LOL!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 11-05-2016 at 06:08 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-05-2016, 07:23 PM
car
Typical Buck

I would say you've been real busy! Sounds like a very successful hunt out west. Good for you and the ones you helped out. Loosing 13 lbs that's a bunch. Eat more elk!!
Old 11-06-2016, 04:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Hey Ron! I left early on 8/27 for my annual trip to Wyoming along with two weeks in Arizona on an archery elk hunt and a few days in North Dakota pheasant hunting and just got back tonight. I'm reading this thread that I got banned for a couple months for something I apparently posted and a Mod must not have liked what was stated, but I was gone that whole time and I don't have computer access when I go hunting to know what it was all about! The guys I helped this year took 4 bull elk (2 that were 5x5s and 2 that were 6x6s), an 80" buck antelope, a 38" Shiras moose, and a 193" gross scoring non-typical mule deer buck that will be one of the tops in Wyoming this season. I just had a deer tag that was good for the last half of October and only saw a couple bucks that I would have shot if I had been able to get good shots at them, but such was not the case. It was a very busy and strenuous couple months and I lost 13# that I didn't need to lose and am down to 150# and none of my pants fit now, LOL! I paid for 1/2 the processing cost of one of the 5x5 bulls and brought two big coolers of frozen, boneless packages back with me, so that should help me put a few pounds back on this old carcass, LOL!
nice! sounds like a good time. welcome back .
oh yeah way to dodge that ban.lol.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Topgun,

Welcome back...................... sounds like you guyz had a great hunt.

I am sure your bud's appreciate having you a long !!!
Old 11-06-2016, 03:56 PM
Fork Horn

Welcome back Topgun!!!