Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

diy/semiguided hunts

Old 10-08-2016, 03:56 PM
Spike

Default diy/semiguided hunts

looking for a mule deer/antelope hunt diy or semi guided any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.my son wants to go for graduation
Old 10-09-2016, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

well I HOPE your planning for next yr or so, as this yr, will be hard to even get tags in most places

If you wanted a decent chance and ability to do a combo hunt, look at Indian reservation's hunt's ,
most have over lapping season's and a LOT of land to work on!
tags are on a normally first come first serve, so as long as you stay on top, you can most times NOT have any issue getting a tag!
this will maybe be the lowest priced option I know of and have good odds of tagging out as well, As long as you do your part and work and do all the scouting you can from home!
Old 10-09-2016, 02:49 PM
Spike

thank you for responding,we are looking at 2018,,will definetly look into reservation hunts
Old 10-10-2016, 03:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

You might want to look into western South Dakota for antelope. Perkins, Butte, Harding counties have a ton of public land, BLM, state and local tracts, and a pretty good antelope population. Hunted out there several years ago. We had 4 antelope in a day and a half.
Old 10-10-2016, 02:46 PM
Spike

will do thanks
Old 10-10-2016, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

western SD also has Standing Rock Indian reservation
if you time things right, you can buy a Reservation tag
and put in for the STATE tag and possibly make your trip a two deer, two pronghorn deal for you, making the long drive a little easier to swallow??

just have to hunt public land with the state tag and reservation land with the reservation tag
a lot of both types of land there close by too !