Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Any Elk Activity?

Old 08-29-2016, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default Any Elk Activity?

Was out last Thursday and Friday scouting saw a lot of deer, decent bucks, but the elk were pretty slim, saw some singles, that was all, was pretty slow, just curious if anyone else is seeing much activity and what area are you in? Myself , I was looking around SC Montana, about 6000 feet. Right now there calling for a brief hot spell during the week, then cooking off into the weekend, but as most know, the weather forecast can change on a whim...lol
Old 09-13-2016, 01:06 PM
Fork Horn

Hmmm...since there seems to be no archery elk hunters chiming in, I will answer my own thread, lol, what a difference two weeks makes, elk were very active, even my buddies 10 year old boy called in a little bull on the ranch this weekend, only dad didn't do his part, missing the bull at 35 yards by not seeing a sage bush between him and bull, but what a thrill his son had as his father brought him along for his first elk hunt, he did real well, keeping up and more importantly, quiet. I also heard from a friend hunting the north side of the breaks, bulls were screaming and his buddy from SD arrowed a nice 6x6, my friend missed a big bull though, but they were in elk all weekend long, have to love this time of year.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like an awesome time. To be in the thick of some game is all one can hope for.