Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
DIY Wyoming Archery Antelope >

DIY Wyoming Archery Antelope

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

DIY Wyoming Archery Antelope

Old 08-24-2016, 06:54 AM
Spike

Default DIY Wyoming Archery Antelope

Even though I was in Wyoming Saturday I couldn't hunt until Sunday afternoon because of a few things.

I did a few spot and stalks and had a miss at 55 yards. I was able to stalk up on a couple of antelope that afternoon but no luck! Put out the blind and sat out until dark and had two bucks come within 40 yards but it was too windy to make the shot and I let them go. Monday I pretty much sat in the blind and watch a group of 30 antelope go in a circle and come within 70 yards but never any closer. This morning I figured they had to come drink! I didn't see anything besides a few grey fox and I didn't want to make any noise so I didn't shoot them. Around 7:45am I spotted a couple coming my way. They went right around the blind! I waited for them to go over the little dam and put a stalk on. They were feeding right over it at 30 yards and the buck broke off and headed my way. He stood perfectly broadside at 10 yards and he walked three feet and fell over. It was a perfect heart shot!

Had a lot of fun and can't wait for elk to open up Sept. 1st!

Old 08-24-2016, 07:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

One of my favorite game animals. Where were ya huntin? I go over by Farson for my WY prairie goats.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:04 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by flags
One of my favorite game animals. Where were ya huntin? I go over by Farson for my WY prairie goats.
Near Douglas, WY I'm actually attending school at the University of Wyoming in Laramie. Not a crazy drive to go hunt some Lopes.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good job!!!
Old 08-24-2016, 12:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Iowawhitetail2016
Near Douglas, WY I'm actually attending school at the University of Wyoming in Laramie. Not a crazy drive to go hunt some Lopes.
There are some really good mulies around Laramie too.