Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Travel Insurance question

Old 08-11-2016, 03:13 AM
Spike

Default Travel Insurance question

Can any one recommend a good company that sells travlers insurance for hunters. Looking for coverage to protect me from financial losses in case I could not go my hunt due to a family medical issue or death, mechanical break down on the way to hunt, emergincy air fair home in case of family emergency etc... Thanks for any help!

Lee
Old 08-11-2016, 10:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Do a Google search and you should find what you want.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Contact a couple of travel agents, they should be able to point you in the right direction.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

I looked into it when I first began planning a trip to Africa. Decided it wasn't worth the hassle and over the course of 5 safaris I never needed it. Not saying it isn't a good thing to have but I never used it and the trips went off just fine.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Most of the time I think it is over priced and most likely something you won't need. I think you have to weigh the risk reward depending on the cost of the trip to decide. If the trip is an expensive one though it might be something to look at. My last winter trip a year ago was at an expensive all inclusive on a Caribbean island and we decided to buy it since we aren't getting younger and have a larger chance of having some issue which could keep one or both of us here. We booked almost a full year ahead so there was plenty of time for something to ruin the trip. From my recollection it was a couple hundred dollars apiece which wasn't that bad. Good luck on the hunt.
Old 08-12-2016, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

if your a NRA member(and you should be)
call them and they will get you one that works with hunters and gun owners!
Old 08-13-2016, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by fourmules
Can any one recommend a good company that sells travlers insurance for hunters. Looking for coverage to protect me from financial losses in case I could not go my hunt due to a family medical issue or death, mechanical break down on the way to hunt, emergincy air fair home in case of family emergency etc... Thanks for any help!

Lee
If your going an outfitted hunt I would evaluate the outfits refund policy. Most outfitters do not offer refunds of any sort for any reason. In that case I would seriously consider travel insurance. I can tell you from personal experience that things definitely come up, weddings, job loss, health, natural disasters, home fires etc.