Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Montana looking good

Old 07-16-2016, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default Montana looking good

I have traveled from our home in NE Montana down to south central part of the state, things are really looking nice, with a weather system more likely in May producing beneficial rains this last week along with cool temperatures, it would be hard to believe things looking better in the middle of July. I did some quick spotting this last week and saw some very nice bulls. Hopefully we will see some rains in August, though they are calling for a hot and dry start to the month. Right now the sweet clover is covering the Missouri Breaks areas, so it will be a thick noisy hunt this fall there for bow hunters. Along the Yellowstone from Billings to Big Timber, things looked nice and green. Here is hoping for a nice end to summer!
Old 07-18-2016, 03:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear, I'll be out this Fall chasing some mulies & predators!
Old 07-21-2016, 02:36 PM
Fork Horn

Sadly there are some dry areas, I went thru extreme SE Montana earlier this week, terribly dry down towards Ekalaka and south of there, looks like a tinder box. Also have heard government added a few county's to a drought designation in central and western Montana. Hopefully August will have a few fronts come thru, one can only pray.