Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
What do y'all want to know about hunting? >

What do y'all want to know about hunting?

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

What do y'all want to know about hunting?

Old 07-29-2016, 08:48 PM
Spike

To those of y'all that still read this thread,
I will start by sayin' yes, the post thread title and approach I initiated with was naïve and certainly not as good as it seemed at the time. My intentions were in no way to imply that I know more than anyone else but rather the direct opposite. My experience could be laughable to some, to say the least as I have only killed a few game animals thus far even though I have hunted for a mere 7 years. For me it is not about the killing that dictates a successful hunt, or a good trip, or a good hunter, (though being successful with a kill is ultimately the goal) but rather the act of going out in God's creation and the experience in and of itself. I'm blessed to live in the heart of the mountains like I do, as it has allowed me to learn about the hunting and woodsman lifestyle (from my dad and those around me) since I could talk. Every trip and hunt, and hike, and scout is unique and sacred to my heart because of the things I get to learn, and see, and do. I enjoy pushing myself to experience something new every time. With that being said, with a renewed mind and a little dose of reality I can observe that I should have taken a better approach and your support and suggestions are more appreciated than what I can put in a single post or message yet I am constantly reminded of Proverbs 27:17 "As Iron sharpens iron, so can one man sharpen another". On that note, the negativity and adversity some would like to bring is only to be expected and I appreciate that as well as it motivates me to be better and push my limits in everything I do. I have silently been reading along the thread and have gathered some more knowledge and wisdom which I will certainly apply to the things I do. So to you all, I will offer a big thank you as well as an apology to those that saw the post in a way I did not intend. I'm sorry for the monologue. Best Regards, Hunter Petrie @ Unlimited Outdoor Pursuits .... Be Relentless

Little Post Script (take it with a grain of salt ) Quote by Dave Canterbury-"If I haven't learned something new every day, then I wasted my time even waking up"

Last edited by UnlimitedOutdoorPursuits; 07-29-2016 at 09:09 PM.
Old 07-30-2016, 09:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by UnlimitedOutdoorPursuits
To those of y'all that still read this thread,
I will start by sayin' yes, the post thread title and approach I initiated with was naïve and certainly not as good as it seemed at the time. My intentions were in no way to imply that I know more than anyone else but rather the direct opposite. My experience could be laughable to some, to say the least as I have only killed a few game animals thus far even though I have hunted for a mere 7 years. For me it is not about the killing that dictates a successful hunt, or a good trip, or a good hunter, (though being successful with a kill is ultimately the goal) but rather the act of going out in God's creation and the experience in and of itself. I'm blessed to live in the heart of the mountains like I do, as it has allowed me to learn about the hunting and woodsman lifestyle (from my dad and those around me) since I could talk. Every trip and hunt, and hike, and scout is unique and sacred to my heart because of the things I get to learn, and see, and do. I enjoy pushing myself to experience something new every time. With that being said, with a renewed mind and a little dose of reality I can observe that I should have taken a better approach and your support and suggestions are more appreciated than what I can put in a single post or message yet I am constantly reminded of Proverbs 27:17 "As Iron sharpens iron, so can one man sharpen another". On that note, the negativity and adversity some would like to bring is only to be expected and I appreciate that as well as it motivates me to be better and push my limits in everything I do. I have silently been reading along the thread and have gathered some more knowledge and wisdom which I will certainly apply to the things I do. So to you all, I will offer a big thank you as well as an apology to those that saw the post in a way I did not intend. I'm sorry for the monologue. Best Regards, Hunter Petrie @ Unlimited Outdoor Pursuits .... Be Relentless

Little Post Script (take it with a grain of salt ) Quote by Dave Canterbury-"If I haven't learned something new every day, then I wasted my time even waking up"
Well written..........................

"You've come far, pilgrim" Jeremiah Johnson
Old 07-30-2016, 11:42 AM
Dominant Buck

That works for me UOP....especially the last part. Best of luck.
Old 07-31-2016, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sheridan
I know of no one who is born with any knowledge, as that was even a naive attempt at making friends ??

You know the ole' saying; Young, dumb and full of "fun" !
We are all born with a small amount of knowledge. Instinctive knowledge such as threat assessment and predatory abilities given we are predators by nature. The problem is, evolution has buried many of those natural instincts so deeply it takes a monster backhoe to dig them out.

OP, glad you decided to come back and post. And with an EXCELLENT post no doubt! Good luck in your ventures and never be afraid to ask questions here. Granted SOME of us have a tendency to be a little gruff, but for the most part, this forum is populated by some very skilled outdoorsmen who have been living the life for many decades.