Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
What do y'all want to know about hunting? >

What do y'all want to know about hunting?

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

What do y'all want to know about hunting?

Old 06-08-2016, 04:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by flags
I won't because I don't watch any hunting vids on youtube. But I think it is pretty asinine for some new member to come on admitting he is "young" and thinking his vids will somehow teach people like me that have been killing big game for more than 40 years. And he finishes by saying he will " use his experience." What experience could he possibly have that I would find beneficial?

Note he isn't asking for info, he is implying that we're a bunch of idiots that need whatever he is pushing on youtube. I learned to hunt at my father's and grandfather's knees not by sitting in from of a computer.
Flags... I doubt that this new member is implying anything other than wanting to share. Like Bocajnala said if you don't want to watch his vids don't. Even though this member is young he has planned to make outdoor hunting sports be his life. I thought when pushed a little by a couple of you "older members" he expressed his intentions pretty well. Remember we were all young once.
Old 06-08-2016, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

that's why I don't make videos, the more exposure you have the more some have to bitch about, I'll do what I do back behind the camera.
RR
Old 06-08-2016, 04:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
that's why I don't make videos, the more exposure you have the more some have to bitch about, I'll do what I do back behind the camera.
RR
Until I come out and put your redneck azz on TV...lol
Old 06-08-2016, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jeepkid
Until I come out and put your redneck azz on TV...lol
bring me a rifle!
RR
Old 06-09-2016, 04:13 AM
Typical Buck

Go for it young man. If you can make money doing what you love to do and not have to slave away like some of us more power to you.

And if you don't think you can learn from a rookie then your done in life. I've always said I'll know everything about elk hunting I was supposed to know when they put me in a pine box. Experts crack me up.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Blackelk
Go for it young man. If you can make money doing what you love to do and not have to slave away like some of us more power to you.

And if you don't think you can learn from a rookie then your done in life. I've always said I'll know everything about elk hunting I was supposed
to know when they put me in a pine box. Experts crack me up.
well said blackelk
Old 06-09-2016, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator

Some of you old fogies with bad attitudes need to take a chill pill. Try encouraging some of the young folk instead of bashing down others ideas. That's part of the reason this site has been declining the last few years. Now with that being said. It sounds to me as he is looking for ideas to make his videos better. Who knows maybe it will help break into the industry and since his videos are outdoor related and this is an outdoor site he came to the right place. We may even be able to help him with questions that come up from others.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:54 AM
Dominant Buck

Another good and positive post. Thank you.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looked to me like the youngin was just asking for idea's in what we as HUNTERS would like to see in his vids. Kinda just went about the asking in a roundabout way but such is youth nowadays. I saw nothing presumptive nor arrogant in his post. And Flags, I'm one of the oldest on here and I'd be willing to bet I have hunted much more on this old continent than you have but I still learn new things with every outing. My kids tend to teach me almost as much as I have taught them over the years. Kinda like the discussion I had pertaining RR the other day, I've been reloading and wildcatting rifles since he was still in his diapers and I STILL take his advise on some things when it comes to rifles and reloading! When you get to where you think you know everything and someone can't teach you something new just because they are younger than you, then you are losing out on the opportunity for many new things! Same goes for you too Oldtimr!! Now put yer dentures in and chew on that one!!
Old 06-11-2016, 01:17 AM
Dominant Buck

You certainly have a way with words SH. Your message is pertinent to all us old geezers. With age come knowledge....until we start to forget.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.