Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
What do y'all want to know about hunting? >

What do y'all want to know about hunting?

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

What do y'all want to know about hunting?

Old 06-07-2016, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you can make some coin from videos, more power to you!

To answer your question, I like to read and watch reviews of items that are actually used in real life situations not just used for a week so a video can be make.

Like most people on here, I love to hunt. I hunt Colorado for deer and elk, this will be my 11th year. I like things that make my life easier. A good frame pack, a reliable game camera, rugged comfortable boots, a quality knife that holds an edge butchering an entire elk, good binos, etc. There is always the quality vs cost consideration, some items are worth the extra cost others are not.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-07-2016, 04:17 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Rob in VT
If you can make some coin from videos, more power to you!

To answer your question, I like to read and watch reviews of items that are actually used in real life situations not just used for a week so a video can be make.

Like most people on here, I love to hunt. I hunt Colorado for deer and elk, this will be my 11th year. I like things that make my life easier. A good frame pack, a reliable game camera, rugged comfortable boots, a quality knife that holds an edge butchering an entire elk, good binos, etc. There is always the quality vs cost consideration, some items are worth the extra cost others are not.

Hope this helps.
That is awesome Rob! My channel is young thus far, however my plans for the content follow those lines real well. I will certainly be doing plenty of reviews of hunting equipment as well as equipment that may not necessarily be for hunting. I am just like you in the sense that I like to see realistic reviews and opinions on products that have been used for a length of time. I have a few reviews coming up that should be along those lines. Thanks again Rob for the reply and your time.
Best Regards,
Hunter @ UOP
Old 06-07-2016, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also have been recently watching videos on safety items and things that can make an unexpected overnight stay in the woods safe and comfortable. Having things like a compact first aide kit, a fire starter, 550 cord, maybe a small tarp. Ideas like this that don't take up too much space or weight but can easily fit in a day pack are valuable to know. Especially if they are time tested.
Old 06-07-2016, 04:54 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Rob in VT
I also have been recently watching videos on safety items and things that can make an unexpected overnight stay in the woods safe and comfortable. Having things like a compact first aide kit, a fire starter, 550 cord, maybe a small tarp. Ideas like this that don't take up too much space or weight but can easily fit in a day pack are valuable to know. Especially if they are time tested.
You are absolutely right! It is important and part of my "philosophy" to be able to handle yourself in an unexpected emergency. I will certainly be doing several videos in regards to this, starting with the gear that you carry which directly effect a survival situation if need be. I will keep this noted and get to work on making some videos! Let me know if there is anything else I could help you with! Or anything you may want to see!
Best Regards,
Hunter @ UOP
Old 06-08-2016, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's the rub, if all your reviews are positive with nothing negative, most won't believe them, no product is perfect! If you say negative stuff you run the risk of the vendor coming after you.

I like videos of real people with real emotion. No stupid tag lines etc. No "horn envy", just hunting, like 99% of us do.
Old 06-08-2016, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't think you can tell me anything. I grew up in CO and shot my first deer when I was 9 and killed my first elk when I was 14. I've since taken over 100 deer of 3 species, 25 elk, 15 pronghorn, 2 black bear, Bighorn Sheep, Mtn Goat, Stone Sheep, wild boar and alligator in North America. I've also hunted Africa 5 times. At last count my count for species runs to 68.

So why would you think you could teach me anything via youtube videos?
Old 06-08-2016, 07:59 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by flags
I don't think you can tell me anything. I grew up in CO and shot my first deer when I was 9 and killed my first elk when I was 14. I've since taken over 100 deer of 3 species, 25 elk, 15 pronghorn, 2 black bear, Bighorn Sheep, Mtn Goat, Stone Sheep, wild boar and alligator in North America. I've also hunted Africa 5 times. At last count my count for species runs to 68.

That's awesome! Certainly a good way to go! That is a goal I am working towards as well! I am certainly no expert by any means and I don't know everything. I am here to learn and more than willing to learn just as much as most people here or anywhere else. As I said in a previous comment, "Iron sharpens iron" as it states in the Bible. With that said, if you feel or think you know everything there is to know about the outdoors including hunting, more power to you. That old saying is true; "you learn something new every day" whether you realize it or not. I hope this answers your question! Thanks for your reply!
Best Regards,
Hunter Petrie @ UOP
Old 06-08-2016, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by flags

Then don't watch his videos. Pretty simple.
-Jake
Old 06-08-2016, 12:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Then don't watch his videos. Pretty simple.
-Jake
I won't because I don't watch any hunting vids on youtube. But I think it is pretty asinine for some new member to come on admitting he is "young" and thinking his vids will somehow teach people like me that have been killing big game for more than 40 years. And he finishes by saying he will " use his experience." What experience could he possibly have that I would find beneficial?

Note he isn't asking for info, he is implying that we're a bunch of idiots that need whatever he is pushing on youtube. I learned to hunt at my father's and grandfather's knees not by sitting in from of a computer.
Old 06-08-2016, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow is all I can say . . .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.