Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

have a situation

Old 11-13-2015, 05:43 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
she could call, and the results, they would come by talk to her, tell her if it comes back call us, now I'm not gonna tell a woman who has been self dependant for 28 years that she can't do this. but she will not like the hastle involved with reporting it, she was assaulted and robbed years ago by strangers pretending to help her, lost a bit of cash and was deeply embarrassed, she just doesn't want the attention.
RR
Wow. Thats a long sentence!
Old 11-13-2015, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Swayze
Wow. Thats a long sentence!
and your point is? look I never claimed to be a Rhodes scholar, just asking opinions, I already know how this will end, it won't be good for the bear, and I'm not gonna turn my mother in so just seeking opinions.
RR
Old 11-13-2015, 06:00 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
and your point is? look I never claimed to be a Rhodes scholar, just asking opinions, I already know how this will end, it won't be good for the bear, and I'm not gonna turn my mother in so just seeking opinions.
RR
sorry for the grief, bro.

my suggestion is this: ask your owner of your local tackle and gear shop about this issue, so if you're liable for anything than you can (at least) point the finger (at the owner of the tackle shop).

be calm, cheers.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:05 PM
Typical Buck

Call the DWR/Game and Fish/ what ever they are called there. The bear's comfort, even after she yelled at it, makes it a nuisance bear and a significant risk to her.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalHunter
Couldn't she call the local Sheriff's Department? We used to get those calls a lot when I worked at my Sheriff's Department.
Same here. Somethings fishy
It's not fishy. RR was asking for options and I offered one. Most Game departments are thinly staffed and often can't come out for a wild animal problem in a timely manner. Different states, Sheriff's Departments and jurisdictions are going to have different protocols and may or may not be able to do something. In one of the mountain towns at my Sheriff's Department, Deputies carry shotgun rounds with rubber bullets to chase away problem bears from cabins and houses. Without an immediate threat to human life, a Sheriff's Department often can't do much more. It's too bad that RR doesn't have a buddy on the local Sheriff's Department in his mom's town as he could likely get some expert advice on legal options for that jurisdiction and probably some extra patrol, give his mom a business card, etc.
Old 11-14-2015, 03:15 AM
Banned

sorry for the grief, bro.

my suggestion is this: ask your owner of your local tackle and gear shop about this issue, so if you're liable for anything than you can (at least) point the finger (at the owner of the tackle shop).

be calm, cheers.
talk about something fishy. poor advise from ,baby fawn.
Old 11-14-2015, 04:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Dogy,it is kinda like calling a plumber for advise on a toothache.
Old 11-14-2015, 04:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Dogy,it is kinda like calling a plumber for advise on a toothache.
yeah. I hope no new hunters that are really looking for help take this guys advise. he says he wants to talk hunting but it is clear he knows nothing about or, nor does he want to.
Old 11-14-2015, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

My youngest was into paint ball guns for awhile. His equipment ended up on a shelf in the garage forgotten.

I decided to put it to use using Pepper balls to encourage Raccoons to evacuate Grandmas Attic. It worked great.

I imagine it would do the trick on a Black Bear. The Rap4 balls I now use are at least as bad as getting Skunked, worse even.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator

Hey RR, just invite me down for a hunt. I'm still looking for my first bear!
-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.