Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Setting up trail cams for bear in NY >

Setting up trail cams for bear in NY

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Setting up trail cams for bear in NY

Old 08-28-2015, 01:16 PM
Spike

Default Setting up trail cams for bear in NY

I live in New York & I recently have a couple new properties to hunt on. I want to set a trail cam out on them and see if there's any bears on the property. Any tips on what attractants I can use or what I can put out to attract them in..
Thanks, Rick.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the sight Rick. I would check and see whats legal in your area as far as baiting bear is concerned. Where i bear hunt we can only bait a certain amount of specific items during summer and fall. We have to use a natural container like a stump, i use bread soaked with sweet things, coon usually tip the stump over 1st and track the sticky jelly all over, then the bears come sniffing around. I get lots of picts on my trail camera. As far as scents i used to pour some used fish fry oil on bread and they would come right in, but thats illegal here now. Check with your rules and regulations, good luck.