Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
What is your elk hunting workout? >

What is your elk hunting workout?

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

What is your elk hunting workout?

Old 08-16-2015, 12:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, but that doesn't help you from slipping, and falling. I'm too old to be doing that anymore. Micro spikes prevent it.

I pretty much wear them everywhere in the winter.
Old 08-16-2015, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a feeling after this fall and screwing up my knee that my packing and tracking days over long rough terrain is done. Gonna have to reaquaint myself with my equine skills. Aint no horse gonna be happy packing my fat rear!
Old 08-16-2015, 07:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don't fall off the horse. It's farther to the ground.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not sure if you guys ever tried it or seen it tried. Have you ever thought about taking out a smaller sled with wheels. Deer sled would be similar but load the meat into it use ropes to lower the sled down hills to your trail and then just pull it along behind you like one of those rickshaws.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:43 PM
Spike

Default my workout starts in the kitchen

I read lots of great things in this group. I am not seeing much on this topic. For me, summer, fall , and winter is on the go chasing something somewhere. This year it is in the east side of the WA for elk and muledeer. I have put more than 30k miles on my legs running and more pushups than most people ever will dream of. We should all look at our nutrition. Fitness is great and is an important part of everything in ones life, without your nutrition right we may be chasing our tail. Any body builder will tell you that abs are made in the kitchen and polished with weights. I have found as many diets as stars in the sky. Its crazy out there. I have found that reverse engineering you food intake is one way to get started. What is not good for you? What habits do you have that are sucking the benifit of good nutrition away from positive benifit you need? And so on. I am a disabled Veteran with many obstical in my life. I have busted my hump staying in shape and it has not been an eazy road. I will say this. Once i got my nutrition in check, i lost thoses last few pounds, and my core is stronger now than when i was in the Army 25 years ago. Those cross country treks in your boots with a pack are much easier and i find my self taking lots of breaks waiting for those 20 year old guys to catch up. With all seriousness, it starts in the kitchen before you even put your boots on. My workouts? Winter is PIYO. Spring is T25 with Body Beast. Summer is Beast and 21day fix extreme. Fall is boots and smokepole boogie.
I hope you find nutrition as important as your workouts. It is important all year. Be powerful, shoot straight, and be a champion.
Good luck to all this year.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:34 AM
Fork Horn

Make sure the truck has enough fuel to get me to the hills and back......................