Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Wyoming Region M Ten Sleep/Worland >

Wyoming Region M Ten Sleep/Worland

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wyoming Region M Ten Sleep/Worland

Old 07-20-2015, 10:14 AM
Spike

Default Wyoming Region M Ten Sleep/Worland

Hey Everyone !

New to the site but decided to branch out and gather as much info as I can since I will be traveling from Santa Barbara California to hunt mulies in Wyoming Region M we will be camping in the Ten Sleep /worland area I should be out there Oct16th-23rd it would be great if anyone can offer any info or tips heck also if anyone else will be out there hunting ?!? Pretty excited first time out of state hunting and first time to Wyoming !

Thanks in advance !
Alex G
Old 07-20-2015, 11:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've been hunting a couple ranches in M that landlock public land almost every year since 1994 and see this asked all the time because M is an easy tag to obtain. Did you not notice that the G&F shows it with a red star meaning that it has difficult public access? Even though the west half is primarily public land there are very few deer there and west of TenSleep is what the locals call the "badlands". That's why it's a short 10 day season from BLM 1411 on west and apart from all the other units that open 10/15. You'll see what I'm saying if/when you leave Worland and take the highway heading toward TenSleep if you plan on hunting anywhere up in the northern half of M like it sounds. Just know that there are not many deer on what legally accessible BLM there is up towards TenSleep and you'll be fighting a lot of others the first week the way leftover tags sold like hotcakes last week and went to people that didn't do enough research before they got the tag. I'd strongly suggest that you look at unit 36 down on the far south end of Region M that is almost all BLM and is easily accessed from the south side by highway 20 that runs between Casper and Shoshoni. There are not a lot of deer down that way, but if you hunt hard you'll find some and there are a few good mature bucks to be had down that way, especially this year with the good moisture that Wyoming has seen. It is a desolate area and you'll need to have all your supplies with you for the week or you'll be driving a long way to Riverton or Shoshoni for them. Tire chains should be on your list in case of moisture, but at least down in that unit you won't see a sea of orange like you will up in the northern half in the limited accessible BLM land that everyone not familiar with M seems to head for. Sorry to be so negative, but you asked for information and that's the best I can do to help you out.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 07-20-2015 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-20-2015, 12:29 PM
Spike

Perfect thank you for the info and its not negativity just you speaking from experience !
Old 08-31-2023, 07:15 AM
Spike

Thumbs up

Good luck! My buddy and I are traveling from SC to hunt around the same area and times this year. We are looking forward to getting out there! Just researched that the season is about a 40% success rate! Hope you had a good season there.

Chad S

Last edited by Simp42; 08-31-2023 at 07:17 AM. Reason: wrong times