Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Hunting plans

Old 07-13-2015, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hunting plans

So what are you guys/girls doing this year? Anyone going out of state to hunt something that's non-native in their home state?
Out of the country??
I'm hunting a new piece of property this year down hear. Looking forward to it, another month i'll start to look around.
So what are you doing?
Old 07-13-2015, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Making my annual trip to southern Colorado for elk. My buddy also drew a deer tag so we will be looking for a nice mulie for him also.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hunting deer on the ranch of an old family friend in CO and plan on shooting a few hogs in TX.
Old 07-13-2015, 04:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm doing something new. I have a deer and bear tag, and i'm going to try hunting with a handgun. Short 4" barrel, and open sights. I'll need to get pretty close even if it is a .44 mag, because of the sights.

Should be fun, and a new challenge.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm heading for Wyoming late next month. The first 2 weeks of September I'll be up high in the BigHorn Mountains helping a friend fill his archery bull tag. After that I head down to the Salt River Range south of Jackson Hole for a high country guided horseback hunt for mulies with my best buddy that lives in Sheridan. After that hunt we'll be back up on the west slope of the BigHorn Mountains all of October and I'll be helping several friends fill 2 bull and 2 cow tags along with a buck antelope tag and possible a buck deer tag if a friend from Utah can afford it. Right now he's a little strapped for money after buying his wife a new car and putting in a whole new fancy kitchen for her. I'll get back about 11/3 and have 10 days to relax and take in all the leaves here before heading 180 miles north to the cabin for our two week rifle deer season. After that it will be 3 weeks for the ML season in December down here if I don't shoot a buck up north, so I'll be pretty picky up there.

Pete---That hunt with a 44 handgun sounds pretty neat. Good luck with that!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 07-14-2015 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-14-2015, 11:59 AM
Fork Horn

3d rifle season drew deer still debating on leftover cow tag.....east of Kremling.
Dan
Old 07-14-2015, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmmmm, Bear hunting with a 4" .44mag? Doesn't sound like the brightest endeavor for a guy over 70 just sayin 2 things for ya Pete, Update your life insurance, make sure you have an even older (slower is more important) guy out there with ya

As for me, I'm stuck here in Killanois this year due to leg and hip injuries so I'm setting up ground blinds for myself and my youngest daughter for ML and Archery. Haven't archery hunted from the ground in a lot of years (for whitetail that is) so it will be something different I guess. (trying to look at the bright side)
Old 07-14-2015, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I'm doing something new. I have a deer and bear tag, and i'm going to try hunting with a handgun. Short 4" barrel, and open sights. I'll need to get pretty close even if it is a .44 mag, because of the sights.

Should be fun, and a new challenge.
I have a .44 mag 4" barrel S&W, always wanted to get a bear with it, yet never tried, go get him Muley Hunter!
Old 07-14-2015, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm meeting my cousin and his boy, with my 13 year old boy in WY to hunt Mule Deer and Antelope, Oct 15th. Before that my boy has his bear tag for our area, we are baiting hard. GOOD TIMES!!
Old 07-15-2015, 11:18 AM
Typical Buck

Hunting southern co. for blk bear and bull elk. My daughter got me back into big game hunting but with her in collage it may just be me, cant wait !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.