Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

WY Deer & Antelope draw.

Old 06-20-2015, 03:33 AM
car
Typical Buck

I think I was in 38 last year and saw moose ever day. Had a cow at 22 yards one day.
Old 06-20-2015, 06:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's not uncommon to see them right off the hwy driving between Buffalo and TenSleep on the southern route across the mountains. The best area in my opinion for moose is up around Burgess Junction. That's where 14 goes across the mountain on the northern end. I'll check to see how many PPs that unit is taking for a NR.

Edit: You can forget the BigHorn Mountains units as those took 16 and 17 PPs this year for the 4 tags that were issued. You don't have a big chance in any of the other units with 13 next year either, as only a very few tags went to those with 13PPs this year in 5, 6, 10, 17, 21, 22, and 30. You are sort of in what they would call "no man's land" with too many to drop out and not enough to have a real good chance unless a lot of the PP people above you don't apply and just buy a PP. The big thing though is you can't draw with 13 if you don't apply! Good luck!!!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 06-20-2015 at 06:30 AM. Reason: To Add to post
Old 06-20-2015, 03:38 PM
Fork Horn

I drew a cow elk tag in 124 and an Antelope tag in 58. New to
that area, anyone with experience hunting there?