Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Colorado Muley 6 points

Old 01-13-2015, 05:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default Colorado Muley 6 points

2 guys I hunt with want to use our points for muley this fall. I've been researching the net and CO website for stats and comments on units that we could possibly draw. Anyone have any input on which would be better unit in terms of public land, etc. I'll keep looking out and researching but thought I'd ask. Units/seasons (Rifle) I'm looking at thus far are the following.... Unit 22 3rd, Unit 25 4th, Unit 70 3rd, Unit 79 4th, Unit 80 4th, Unit 82 4th, and Unit 551 3rd....any info would be appreciated....if nothing I'll just pick one and go.....had alot of fun just winging it too....
Old 01-13-2015, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have hunted unit 83 for a number of years. Some tremendous bucks, but it's all private.

Any particular reason you don't want to hunt 2nd season? My thoughts are to get to them early. After the big ones have been pressured, they disappear until the rut. I believe the rut is after 4th season.

Good luck!
Old 01-13-2015, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

Hadn't really thought about that Rob as I always thought that later was better for mulies. I've only hunted 4 times in MT and once in WY which were both lower country hunt. I'll look at that also and I know what you mean about getting to them before they get pressured. Although I usually hunt the last week or so of bow elk they definitely get spooky. thx for reply...
Old 01-14-2015, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only big mule deer that I have seen in 4th season unit 79 were in the middle of the road after dark in South Fork. If it snows much in the higher parts of 79 (and it usually does) the deer head down onto the private land in the valley.