Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Newfoundland Moose Outfitter Recommendations? >

Newfoundland Moose Outfitter Recommendations?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Newfoundland Moose Outfitter Recommendations?

Old 01-24-2015, 04:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Normally it's a $25 Canadian Firearm form to fill out going in. Coming back US Customs may or may not want to look at your stuff. I just came back from an Ontario deer hunt and I was at Customs for about 3 minutes. They didn't want to see the deer or our guns.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:00 PM
Fork Horn

The recommendations above, are those sleeping in a lodge, in a real bed. Or sleeping in a wall tent in the middle of the wilderness?

Is it driving in, horse back in, walk in?

We have some members of our group, that are too old to be roughing it, or walking in too far.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Snowshoe Lake is a regular building type camp. If I recall, there are 3 bedrooms and an indoor bathroom/shower. Electricity is generated by a Kuboto generator, wood stove, gas operated stove, refrigerator. Separate sleeping quarters for the guides and a drying room with wood stove for wet cloths. It's simple but very comfortable. Yes you drive right to camp.

You best bet is to contact Ron Hicks with specific questions at [email protected]

Tell him Rob from Vermont sent you. He is a great guy.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

Snowshoe, are they a walk in or horse back ride in, or argo ride in? I know some of these areas are very remote.
Old 12-11-2015, 05:04 PM
Spike

Default Mayflower outfitters

[QUOTE=PABuckChaser;4179569]I'm planning a Newfoundland moose hunt for the fall of 2016. I've been doing alot of reserch and am very interested in the following outfitters: Mayflower Outfitters, Northern Lights Adventures, Red Indian Lake Outfitters, and Snowshoe Lake Hunting and Fishing. If anyone could give me any insight/experiences with any of the above outfitters, I'd greatly appreciate it. Feel free to make any other recommendations as well. Feel fee to PM me. Thanks[/QUOT. very good place to do a moose hunt eight hunters eight moose service ,food accomadations excellent Trevor and his crew are the best
Old 11-08-2016, 06:30 AM
Spike

Default newfoundland outfitter

Never ever use Rock Camp outfitters the animals are few and far between. The outfitter tries to sale you bear and small game tags at triple the cost it is for him buy. Tried to sell me a bear tag and the guide I had worked for him for 9yrs and only scene 5 bears. Base camp is dirty and not well kept. Area seems to be over hunted. I would spend a extra 500 or 1000 and go somewhere else. Try Hinterland.