Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

The neck shot

Old 12-18-2014, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
You have got to me kidding me, LOL! With a bow? NO dang way Jose!!! That's even worse than the "get more range time" you made about Finn!!! Where did you get your hunting education, at a Holiday Inn Express one night?!!!
Well, I don't do anything I'm not comfortable with.

ATB
Old 12-18-2014, 09:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn
Well, I don't do anything I'm not comfortable with.

ATB
If you're comfortable with putting up that post in it's entirety, it certainly says a lot about your lack of knowledge, especially with archery equipment that kills by causing hemorrhaging for Pete's sake!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-18-2014 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-18-2014, 10:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Being comfortable doesn't make you a better shot.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lighten up guys. The archery neck shot comment was surely a joke, and predictably it got some of you wound too tight. That's really pretty funny. Hook, line, and sinker!
Old 12-18-2014, 10:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Big Uncle
Lighten up guys. The archery neck shot comment was surely a joke, and predictably it got some of you wound too tight. That's really pretty funny. Hook, line, and sinker!
I don't think so after reading his follow up comment, so until he says he was joking I'll stay "wound up"!!!
Old 12-18-2014, 11:01 AM
JW
Super Moderator

I can wind you down in a hurry!

Stop the bashing.

JW
Old 12-18-2014, 11:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

[QUOTE=JW;4176084]I can wind you down in a hurry!

Stop the bashing.

JW[/QUOTE

No intent to bash and sorry if it sounded that way! All we are doing is making a statement against a hunting concept that was brought up that is completely contrary to accepted practices by 99.9% of the hunting populace. I thought the Forums were designed to discuss and debate proper techniques such that people new to the sport would gain knowledge of how to do or not do certain things that would possibly harm or be detrimental to our sport or in this case would not lead to humanely taking an animal (rule 4).

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-18-2014 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-27-2014, 07:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by finnbear
I'm sorry my marksmanship doesn't seem to be top notch in your eyes...... head ans neck shots are easily missed and any here that say they don't miss in a hunting situation, is either a LIAR or at best delusional! Any one here that says they can consistently hit a target the size of a fist under hunting conditions, meaning most likely an off hand shot is full of it... there are just too many variables...lets say you are sighted in at 2 in. high at a hundred yds....do you really know exactly where your bullet is in relation to your line of sight at every foot of the distance to the target?? So many here are so full of themselves by making stupid remarks like I know my equipment and myself learned that years ago, I for one learn more and more every time I head for the hills. And when I quit learning I will be dead... or the choice one, that I might be lacking in shooting skills is again laughable.................
I feel like im pretty confident in any condition or variable. Well i am a sniper for a team that consistantly competes and does very well in many swat competitions to include best in the west in cali as well as annual swat round up in florida. Ok maybe im bragging. Lol
Old 12-27-2014, 07:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well big whoop as my little girl used to say, LOL!