Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Colorado Muzzleloader tags.... >

Colorado Muzzleloader tags....

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Colorado Muzzleloader tags....

Old 12-18-2014, 03:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bald9eagle
Thanks.

I'm trying to research as much as possible. Here are my concerns...
1) Applying for a unit that a guy with 0 points might have a decent chance getting

2) Finding a unit that is accessible and isn't land locked

3) Making sure that I don't apply to a unit that lacks the terrain for a September hunt.
Here is what you can get from hunterstrailhead:

If you go to Colorado and enter species and weapon and 0 preference points, but don't enter a unit, it will bring up all the units and show you the units where 0 points can draw.

Then you click on the individual unit and it gives the last 5 years of applications, how many applied, how many with each point total got tags.

It will also have a column for success (rounded to 10%), public land access (on a scale of 1-10) and trophy potential (scale of 1-10)

Once you find an interesting unit, you can get a few more tidbits by looking at the raw data on the Colorado parks and wildlife website.

It doesn't give you the terrain info, but you can get that elsewhere using Google earth and asking questions of the area fish and game or forest service and on forums like this.