Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Javelina

Old 12-09-2014, 05:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by flags
Ever been there? While there are a lot of high fenced areas in some places, the majority of the state isn't. Heck, there are counties in TX that are bigger than MD. Note, I'm specifically asking about public hunting areas and not game fenced ranches.
There are ranches down in TX that are bigger than MD, LOL!
Old 12-09-2014, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
There are ranches down in TX that are bigger than MD, LOL!
probably filled up with ...Deleted by CalHunter... like you though (lol i kill myself) and exotic species that have a price tag that goes along with them. please... don't defend the way they do things in texas.... you know what it is.
they may be bigger than md but md is a better place to hunt ...Deleted by CalHunter... fair chase open range hunting man. there are zero high fence operations in maryland and i am proud of my state for that!
does that ranch have a fence around it? yes, yes it does.
i bet you hunt high fence whitetail... smh

Last edited by CalHunter; 12-09-2014 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Rule # 1.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by flags
Ever been there? While there are a lot of high fenced areas in some places, the majority of the state isn't. Heck, there are counties in TX that are bigger than MD. Note, I'm specifically asking about public hunting areas and not game fenced ranches.
yep waco, dallas, stood on the star where kennedy was shot.
went out in the desert and shot some uzis. it was a miserable place.
i hated it. food sucked. sorry youre moving there, i find the flatness and dirt and people just terrible. i hate texas. i wish it belonged to mexico. just my opinion of the place. tons of fatties too.
i understand youre looking for some good fair chase public hunting. i doubt you find it buddy. i really doubt it. i sincerely hope you do.
i think you got the real answer with that first reply. lease. which sucks. i know here i can go 5 miles in any direction and have public hunting. id say 60% of my county is public. find one county in texas with 5% public land.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by westMDbowhunter
probably filled up with ...Deleted by CalHunter... like you though (lol i kill myself) and exotic species that have a price tag that goes along with them. please... don't defend the way they do things in texas.... you know what it is.
they may be bigger than md but md is a better place to hunt ...Deleted by CalHunter... fair chase open range hunting man. there are zero high fence operations in maryland and i am proud of my state for that!
does that ranch have a fence around it? yes, yes it does.
i bet you hunt high fence whitetail... smh
You're now making a bigger fool of yourself than you are on the thread about amazing things regarding animals, LOL! ...Deleted by CalHunter...

Last edited by CalHunter; 12-09-2014 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Rule # 12.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

http://www.summitpost.org/public-and...-states/186111
Old 12-09-2014, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
You're now making a bigger fool of yourself than you are on the thread about amazing things regarding animals, LOL! ...Deleted by CalHunter...
look at the link i just posted, only 4% of land in texas is public.
looks like i know more than you.
and yep been to texas. which is why i know a little about it.
...Deleted by CalHunter...

Last edited by CalHunter; 12-09-2014 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Rule # 12.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

westMDbowhunter:

Just to clarify, I am asking about Javelina. They are a native game animal. They are not some imported exotic, and they are not stocked or managed as a put and take animal on high fenced ranches. They have always existed in the desert Southwest. Plus, I am asking about hunting on public areas and not a game ranch. Have you ever hunted in TX or even set foot in the hunting areas in it? What exactly is your level of hunting experience outside of MD? How many different species of big game have you taken and in how many different locations?

For what it is worth, I have hunted a few exotics (Blackbuck and Auodad) on a what is known as a low fence ranch in TX that belonged to a friend near Pearsall. That means the only fence is your standard fence for livestock. The same fences you have around the fields in MD by the way. I've also hunted Sika in VA. The same Sika you have in MD (didn't you express interest in hunting this particular animal?) and that is classified as an exotic. They are originally from Asia and are not native to either MD or VA despite there being good numbers in both states. Believe it or not, the Aoudad was harder to get than the Sika was even though it was in TX.

So, do you have any particular axe to grind? Or are you being obtuse simply for the sake of being obtuse? You and I have traded several posts previously and also some PMs. You struck me as pretty decent but to tell you the truth, I'm beginning to lose my faith in my fellow hunters based on the level of confrontation and ignorance I've seen on this one topic.

You say you don't like TX. Well, then why bother posting on this topic at all? You obviously don't have anything to add to my question about Javelina and public hunting opportunities. Besides, I originally grew up in CO. If you want to get in a pi$$ing contest about public land, I'll but CO up against MD any day of the week. And if you think all of TX is the same as Dallas and Waco then you didn't bother seeing much of it. Those are both in what is known as the prairie region and like all prairie regions it is flat. Ever been to OK, KS, NE, SD, ND? Equating all of TX to that same area is like equating Baltimore to all of MD. By the way, you are correct about the public land in TX only comprising 4% of the state but just how much land in 4% of TX? I'll bet that 4% is still more total acres than the public land in MD.

Last edited by flags; 12-09-2014 at 07:25 AM.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:18 AM
Fork Horn

yep im the guy who doesn't sight his rifle past 100 yds so what?
reason i changed my name was because it was my real name.
which someone told me wasn't normal to have as my name.

Last edited by CalHunter; 12-09-2014 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Rule # 12.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by westMDbowhunter
yep im the guy who doesn't sight his rifle past 100 yds so what?
reason i changed my name was because it was my real name.
which someone told me wasn't normal to have as my name.
It's very easy to see that ...Deleted by CalHunter...

Last edited by CalHunter; 12-09-2014 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Rule # 12.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:31 AM
Fork Horn

flags:
i know you were asking about javelina but you were also asking for some good public land to do your hunting on.
i just posted a very helpful link showing that there is only 4% of land in Texas available to you. so guess what that means. no. there isnt any. get a lease or pay a rancher. I'm a great guy, and a logical realist. texas is not a good state for hunters.

i like my hunting to be out my back door, dont you?
i like my trout stream down the road.
i like it to be on public land.
i don't like shooting animals from far distances or from vehicles i feel its unethical.

i did actually camp and hunt on the bay from oct5-10
hunted blackwater nwr (maybe there is a nwr in texas?)
one guy in my camp shot a six point
i lost a spike i shot in the marsh, its a wild place. and a truly tough hunt.
and yeah they're exotic but they could come all the way up the mountain if they wanted to. none of the animals in texas are going to go anywhere because they are worth $$$$ to them and that's what it is down there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.