Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Looking for a Taxidermist in Wisconsin >

Looking for a Taxidermist in Wisconsin

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Looking for a Taxidermist in Wisconsin

Old 12-05-2014, 10:19 AM
Spike

Default Looking for a Taxidermist in Wisconsin

I was fortunate enough this fall to take my once-in-a-lifetime bull moose. I知 now looking for a high-quality, top-notch taxidermist in the State of Wisconsin to make him come back to life. Preferably somebody with moose experience. Any recommendations would be appreciated. I知 located in the west central part of the State but would consider traveling a few hours if it was for the right person. Thanks.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:02 PM
Spike

I live in Northern WI, Thimm's Taxidermy in Park Falls is second to none. He does all my personal work and a lot of my clients have brought their bear, wolves and coyotes to him and I have yet to hear a complaint. He has a walk in show room with mounts from all over the world and his prices are substantially lower than other taxidermists in the state. I can send you some pictures of the whitetails he's done for me. His number is 715-762-2228.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:10 AM
Spike

give bucks in nelson a call. he seems top be a bit higher than some of the others but you get quality work. I just dropped off a buck on Monday.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:10 PM
Spike

http://dreamingbadger.com
I used dreaming badger for my deer . He is out of Hayward
Old 12-08-2014, 01:03 PM
Spike

Thanks for the information guys. Much appreciated. If anybody else has a taxidermist they really like, please feel free to add.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:35 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Timberline located outside Neilsville Bill Vivian owner.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

YES, Timberline Taxidermy, Neilsville WI. My brother goes there, I think he would be worth looking into? My Bro loves him. It's near the Robins Nest establishment.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:20 AM
Spike

I'd vote for Timberline as well. I know a couple guys who have taken bucks to them and they were very pleased.
Old 10-03-2015, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by spruceswamp
I was fortunate enough this fall to take my once-in-a-lifetime bull moose. I知 now looking for a high-quality, top-notch taxidermist in the State of Wisconsin to make him come back to life. Preferably somebody with moose experience. Any recommendations would be appreciated. I知 located in the west central part of the State but would consider traveling a few hours if it was for the right person. Thanks.
Sorry spruceswamp, once you pull the trigger you can never get that bullet back. He dead.
-Jake
Old 10-03-2015, 07:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

I do not live in WI but I have been around taxidermists as part of my job for almost 30 years. I can tell you this, do not shop by price alone, I have met many people who shopped for a taxidermist by the lowest price and have been very disappointed by the results and trophys ruined. PA used to require taxidermists to take a written and practical tests where they brought in certain specimens to be scrutinized by a taxidermy board that was made up of some of the best taxidermists in the state. We no longer have that and if your state has no standards to be a taxidermist, look at a lot of taxidermy work before you choose.