Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Quaking aspen outfitters reviews >

Quaking aspen outfitters reviews

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Quaking aspen outfitters reviews

Old 11-28-2014, 05:37 AM
Fork Horn

Default Quaking aspen outfitters reviews

see if anyone has hunted elk with them before . A group of us are looking for feed back . Anything helps !
Old 11-28-2014, 06:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Found this online:
Fefi fofum a year ago-

Cheated my Dad , and me , out of his last and life long final dream hunt, by telling us, on arrival, that we had not been on enough guided elk hunts and my fit good shot Dad would be left in a "park" meadow all day, alone, all week, for the full fees.
Not one of the many reference hunters we talked with before going was honest enough to tell of this driving to the horses, pass-fail interrogation. Not one.
Colorado Outfitters Association has my letter and the case "on file" for us +$5000 cheated , but out of state, hunters.
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...e0a2b515eeb3,1

I have no personal experience or knowledge of this outfit other than the review I found. But they do have a website that I just looked over. I saw one thing that concerned me. On his sheep hunts he lists the price as $5000 but there is a little side note that says he charges an additional $500 for a ram and another $500 if it grosses more than 180 B&C points. That alone would put me off since sheep tags in CO are very, very hard to get and charging additional funds for a certain size ram is a poor way to go in my opinion. he should be trying to get the best ram possible for his hunter and shouldn't be worried about what the tape stretches to after the shot is fired.

But I admit to being a little biased since I've never been a fan of outfitters. I have always hunted on my own.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

$5K for a sheep hunt is chump change, and the $500 extra fees is BS! The guy must not be much of an outfitter, as who in the heck is going to hunt for a small ram or ewe when they draw a tag that is so hard to come by nowadays. Sheep hunts with a reputable outfitter are close to or more than double what he's charging!!!
Old 11-28-2014, 08:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
$5K for a sheep hunt is chump change, and the $500 extra fees is BS! The guy must not be much of an outfitter, as who in the heck is going to hunt for a small ram or ewe when they draw a tag that is so hard to come by nowadays. Sheep hunts with a reputable outfitter are close to or more than double what he's charging!!!
Actually Top, in CO $5000 or $6000 is about average for a sheep hunt. The really high dollar sheep hunts come into play when the outfitter supplies the license since they have to get them from the game depts. That is how most of Canada does it. In CO, the tags are only available through drawing or raffle. Outfitters can't buy them and sell them to clients. Most outfitters in CO will only have 1 or 2 sheep hunters per year so those hunts are basically an add on and not an entire business like they are elsewhere. In Canada and Alaska there are outfitters that specialize in sheep, but that type of outfitter in CO doesn't really exist since elk and deer are their bread and butter animals. Sheep and goats are a bonus animal.

But to add a trophy surcharge is flat out wrong! I wouldn't hunt with an outfitter that wants to put a surcharge on an animal taken off publicly owned land just because a tape measure goes 1/8th on an inch past an arbitrary number. Plus, many sheep and goat hunters in CO don't even use a guide. I got my sheep and goat on a DIY basis.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:22 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks, saw that review although I don't really understand what he's trying to say. Not sure because I can find much info on the place
Old 11-28-2014, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

Sent you a pm on a real great outfitter
Old 11-28-2014, 05:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Flags---Yep, I was talking about hunts up in Canada where they are normally for 10 to 14 days and about double or more than the $5K he was charged in CO.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

The hardest part of a sheep hunt in Colorado is drawing the tag. A DIY hunt is very doable for anyone in decent shape, so that is probably why the fees are lower there?
Old 11-29-2014, 04:35 AM
Fork Horn

I guess nobody as actually hunted with them on here
Old 11-29-2014, 05:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by txhunter58
The hardest part of a sheep hunt in Colorado is drawing the tag. A DIY hunt is very doable for anyone in decent shape, so that is probably why the fees are lower there?
Yep. That's hot I got my sheep and goat. DIY on backpack hunts.