Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Mule deer 2014

Old 10-30-2014, 10:22 AM
Spike

Default Mule deer 2014

I live in Washington state on the eastside fairly new to mule deer hunting. Getting ready for my 3rd season doing some late muzzleloading. Shooting a traditions evolution in line .50 cal with a 300 grain bloodline, Anybody else hunt in Washington? Any good hunting stories. Or good tips on hunting mule deer?
Old 10-30-2014, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck. Glass the hillsides looking for them laying in the thickets.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:25 PM
Spike

Hey so it's 8 days from the start of muzzleloader season and I was out doin some scouting today. I came up on a group of 6 deer 4 does a d 2 bucks a decent 4x4 and a monster 6x6 I was only 125 yards away aaaarrrgh figures it wasn't hunting season. Do mule deer tend to follow the same habits do u think I could expect to see him in the same area? I'm gonna go back out tommorow and check to see if I can find him again
Old 11-13-2014, 06:50 AM
Fork Horn

what part of eastern wa you from
Old 11-13-2014, 06:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd check on him one more time and then stay out of the area until the season starts. Then I'd be there before daylight and try to drop the hammer on him as soon as I could. Big mulies are hard to come by and the chances are that you're not the only hunter that knows about him. Unless you get major weather or someone bumps him he should stay in the same general area. If you have topo maps of the area I'd study them and try to figure out the 3 or 4 most likely areas he will be in. If you don't have topo maps you could use google earth to do the same thing.

Deer need food, water and cover. He is in that area because he has all 3. if all 3 weren't there, neither would he. So he should remain there. You'll probably only get one good chance at him with a smoke pole. Miss him and most likely he will be gone for good so choose your shot wisely.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ditto what Flags said and try to do it from a distance with binos/spotting scope if you can to not bugger him out of the area.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:29 PM
Spike

I live just north of pasco on our family farm. And thanks for the tip flags yea he has water on one side food in between and cover on the other side of that I saw him at 1 in the afternoon I think they r getting ready to rut if there not already so hopefully he sticks around