Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
I left Wy with my tag in hand. >

I left Wy with my tag in hand.

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

I left Wy with my tag in hand.

Old 09-09-2014, 05:18 PM
car
Typical Buck

Default I left Wy with my tag in hand.

No mule deer for me this year. Had a shot at two different spikes, not what I was looking for. Got busted on two different sneaks, one was a 3x3 with 16'' g2. the other was 2 4x4, had them at 44 yards and the second one saw me and that was all she wrote and they were gone! The first two days the weather was.... well it just sucked. Rain,sleet,snow and graupel. 30 to 40 mph winds. The rest of the week wasn't to bad, just cold in the mornings and evenings, lower 20s. Saw 80 elk and 6 moose. Not that many deer, maybe 25 total.With only 7 being bucks. Time to regroup and next week head for WV for a 3-day early rifle bear season. Maybe I'll fill a tag.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by car
No mule deer for me this year. Had a shot at two different spikes, not what I was looking for. Got busted on two different sneaks, one was a 3x3 with 16'' g2. the other was 2 4x4, had them at 44 yards and the second one saw me and that was all she wrote and they were gone! The first two days the weather was.... well it just sucked. Rain,sleet,snow and graupel. 30 to 40 mph winds. The rest of the week wasn't to bad, just cold in the mornings and evenings, lower 20s. Saw 80 elk and 6 moose. Not that many deer, maybe 25 total.With only 7 being bucks. Time to regroup and next week head for WV for a 3-day early rifle bear season. Maybe I'll fill a tag.
The weather has been goofy everywhere! I'm glad you saw a variety of animals out in the BigHorns. I'm leaving Friday to help a guy on his archery bull tag in 45 and I hope the weather cooperates because there are plenty of elk out there and they should be bugling and chasing cows for the next 2 or 3 weeks.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:05 PM
car
Typical Buck

The last 4 days they were bugling pretty good. I had to play with one of them. I was set up right at the edge of his bedding area, after these two mule deer so a did a little calling and breaking tree limbs to get him worked up. Didn't see any bear.

Last edited by car; 09-09-2014 at 07:09 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:25 PM
car
Typical Buck

Oh I just checked the forecast for the Big Horns. Calling for 12'' of snow in the next two days.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by car
Oh I just checked the forecast for the Big Horns. Calling for 12'' of snow in the next two days.
I don't doubt that, as the closest I could find is Greybull and it's to rain there. However, by the time I get there on Sunday it's supposed to be in the 70s on into the 80s most of the week, so it shouldn't be too bad if the roads are passable up high If they aren't, there will be a lot more walking to get to the places we want to hunt. This may be shaping up to be about like it was out there in the Fall last year when all that snow was supposed to once in a lifetime!
Old 09-10-2014, 04:37 PM
car
Typical Buck

Well good luck and have a safe travel!!
Old 09-10-2014, 04:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks and you do the same on your bear hunt and I hope you get a big one!
Old 09-10-2014, 07:08 PM
car
Typical Buck

Thanks! I leave a week from today for WV to chase bears.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:47 AM
Typical Buck

Where in wv are you going. DNR Just came to look at the my cousin corn field a bear destroyed in hardy county wv. Last year they ran 4 bears out of it when they cut it. They rip the white plastic roll off the hay bales seems that the bear population is increasing a lot in wv.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:30 AM
car
Typical Buck

I'll be hunting in Clay county.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.