Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Question for TopGun

Old 08-19-2014, 06:10 PM
car
Typical Buck

Default Question for TopGun

I figured I would ask you this question. In Wy if you buy a bear tag is it good for all the units or do you have to choose a unit to hunt in?
Old 08-19-2014, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's good for any unit, but you need to check before you hunt to see that they haven't closed the season in that unit due to the unit meeting the designated female mortality rate the G&F sets. Each hunter has to report his/her take and the unit closes when it's met or on the date set in the Regs.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:40 AM
car
Typical Buck

Ok thanks. Yes I knew about checking the mortality rate first. I wasn't going to get a tag unless I run into one or see alot of sign. If I do, I'll beat it back to town and pick up a tag.Don't really plan on this happening but, you never know.

By the way, how have you been doing?
Old 08-20-2014, 03:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Still pretty depressed after losing my pointer so suddenly last month, but I'll make it!
Old 08-20-2014, 04:24 AM
car
Typical Buck

I understand what you're saying. The trip to Wy this year won't be the same without Herc at your side. Time will heal.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default Sorry

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Still pretty depressed after losing my pointer so suddenly last month, but I'll make it!
Topgun, sorry to hear about your dog.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

You're sure right about that car and I hope so on the latter comment too! He was one in a million! I called him "Crosspaws" a lot of times because he always laid with his left leg over his right like he is in this picture. He always pointed birds with his right leg up though. I wonder if he was a Lefty at heart, LOL! He's on that couch now looking out over the river at the back of my place and I hope to see him again some day and chase a few more birds with him.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 06-09-2015 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:54 PM
car
Typical Buck

Nice picture
Old 08-21-2014, 03:26 PM
Dominant Buck

My condolances TG. This helps me when I lose one of my pets.

RainbowBridge.com

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Old 08-22-2014, 07:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
My condolances TG. This helps me when I lose one of my pets.

RainbowBridge.com

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
I sure hope that comes to fruition because Herc was a big part of me and I'm still feeling pretty empty inside even though he's been gone for more than a month!