Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Bucket list Bear hunt

Old 08-16-2014, 05:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

What part of the state do you plan on hunting in? I will see if I can help you out any..
Old 08-16-2014, 05:54 PM
car
Typical Buck

Flags I know what you're saying but what I had to say to sawbones1 happen over 15 years ago and I was just letting him know how the hunt went for me. I didn't really want to post it since it happen so long ago.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:04 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by sawbones01
I would appreciate any suggestions for outfitters you have. If foggy mtn has problems I would prefer not to waste money. This is my first and possible last bear hunt. Due to age not health. I am planning a moose hunt the next year and if all goes well would use the same outfitter.
Hey sawbones01. I have been on quite a few baited bear hunts in Maine and Canada with my dad who passed in 2012.Bear hunts are a great way to spend time with family.You have all morning to fish and relax with family.Keep in mind that when you go with one of the "big" outfitters such as Foggy Mt. you will be dropped off to your spot with around 6-8 other hunters.This means you will be waiting quite a while to be picked up when that day's hunt is over.If another hunter has shot a bear....the wait will be that much longer.I have always preferred to go with smaller outfitters who can give me more personalized service.I have gone with Mark Carver of Secret Pond camps quite a few times in Maine.When I went to book my hunt last year I could not find his website or contact him.He must have retired.Matagamon Wilderness was my choice for Maine although I wound up going on a spring hunt in Canada instead.Pick up a copy of Bear&Bear Hunting Magazine.It's filled with lots of info on outfitters.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:05 AM
Spike

I'm open to suggestions but I think northern Maine.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:11 AM
Spike

Thanks salg for the info Matagamon wilderness was my other choice, what made you choose them.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:01 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by sawbones01
Thanks salg for the info Matagamon wilderness was my other choice, what made you choose them.
Their location was the first thing. Kind of off the beaten path.And their size....not to big of an outfitter.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:37 AM
Spike

Thanks Salg I have sent a request for info, have some concern about the HSUS and the trouble their causing, but hopefully the Maine sportsmen will prevail.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

You have left the door wide open for a lot of different areas so I will direct you to a place where you can check out a number of guides and decide from there...

WWW. MaineGuides.com Good Luck and I hope this helps you.. Also keep in mind if the antis were to win that there will still be spring hunts on tribal lands here.. They are not governed by the state.. I am not sure if they will be doing any fall hunts. But, that could change if the antis happen to win.. I have my doubts about them winning anything here but will have to wait until after November 4th to know for sure..
Old 08-18-2014, 04:13 PM
Spike

Thanks Phil from Maine, I will check it out. Good luck with the antis. I am looking forward to visiting Maine for a hunt next year. I will look into tribal lands.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:39 AM
Fork Horn

im going to maine trophy outfitters in allagash. the owner was a professional bear trapper for the state for research. i spoke with a game warden for about 2 hours and couldn't say anything bad about the guy and his organisation. im leaving on the 7th and can give a review. im do his hound hunts as it seems thats his specialty. his bait hunts seem pretty good too as everyone gets 2 untouched stands for the week. if you hunt one for a few days and dont like it you can move to the next. im so excited i cant handle it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.