Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Bucket list Bear hunt

Old 08-13-2014, 02:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Doesn't one of the Carolina's have some of the largest black bears around? at least big heads...ie high B&C scores?
Eastern North Carolina has very big bears. PA has some enormous bears but success rates are around 3% and there are no guided hunts.....that I know of.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
I am thinking we will win this battle even though it appears to be a case of going either way.. There is a lot of hunters in Maine and HSUS is mostly pushing the Portland area.. They had their Predsident in trying to help them get the votes. The news station there had put them on the local tv.. They are now being blasted with calls asking why they did not show up at the Banquet and appears to be trying to favor HSUS.. I do not think they like the attention they are now getting.. The banquet was sold out with 1000 plus tickets and everyone is upset with the news station as this had happened after the Banquet.. The environmental groups has even suggested to remove the bear baits if they come across them.. This has been reported to the Warden Service as a threat by some of them which even endorsed it.. I would not worry to much as most would not dare to step in the woods up here any ways..

I hope you have an enjoyable hunt as well as success on getting your bear..
Good luck in November!
Old 08-13-2014, 07:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks Mickey and I am very confident we will prevail again as they had tried this once 10 years ago.. Only this time the battle is growing bigger..
Old 08-15-2014, 03:21 AM
Spike

Thank you for all the input I have contacted foggy mountain and I am waiting for their brochure. I hope all goes well for all the Maine sportsmen. Im not sure these antihunting groups realize the economic impact their programs would have. I live in Michigan and up north 50% of many small towns is from money spent by hunters during deer season.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:45 AM
car
Typical Buck

I've hunted and taken a bear with Foggy Mt. It was my first bear too. Not to bad mouth them but, I would look at other outfitters before booking with them.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:24 PM
Spike

I also heard that. That's why I chose differently.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:34 PM
Spike

We thought about Canada but would prefer staying in the U.S.. If I can ask what was the problem with foggy mountain, and does any one have other suggestions for Maine and Idaho. I have contacted Weigas outfitter in Idaho only because of one of the hunting shows which talked it up pretty good. The searches I have done on line show all outfitters to be successful, great, etc
Old 08-15-2014, 05:17 PM
car
Typical Buck

Pm sent to you.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why are you sending a PM to a single member? If an outfitter isn't up to par then that info should be shared with all of the members so they can have the info if they are also looking to book a bear hunt. The only way to stop questionable outfitters is to arm all the hunters with the info.

So, if Foggy Mtn. didn't provide the service you expected then please provide the details to all of us. Info only has value if it is shared.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:53 PM
Spike

I would appreciate any suggestions for outfitters you have. If foggy mtn has problems I would prefer not to waste money. This is my first and possible last bear hunt. Due to age not health. I am planning a moose hunt the next year and if all goes well would use the same outfitter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.