Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wyoming Elk Area 8&10

Old 07-24-2014, 07:18 PM
Spike

Default Wyoming Elk Area 8&10

Got my hands on a leftover Wy Elk area 8 tag. Wondering what people know about that area and public land associated with the area. Also looking for private land to hunt on. Also I am going to have a General Elk tag in pocket also. I've hunted are 11 for the most part for elk but know 10 is similar and next to 11. I was wondering what information people had on this area, and looking for maybe some private land someone would be willing to let me explore. Thanks all!
Old 07-25-2014, 05:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I assume the leftover tag was for a cow since you can't have two bull tags, so are you going on that hunt first?
Old 07-27-2014, 04:40 PM
Spike

correction little misunderstanding with the rules but after calling GFP if i get my area 8 tag (pending screwy thing that was going on with the purchasing of leftovers) Ill hunt in Elk are 8 only. Any info or tips on 8 will be appreciated.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I recall, 8 is mostly private land unless there's some BLM tucked into it. Your best bet is probably to see if the G&F in Laramie maintains any contacts with landowners wanting to feed hay to cattle rather than elk this winter. Otherwise, you could be knocking on some doors this fall. You might also check to see if the antique store/flea market is still open in Tie Siding. They might have some local information of use as well.